NC Hopes... Is it realistic?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rex_B, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Rex_B

Rex_B Geaux Time

Anybody think it's realistic or not?

2. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

Re: NC Hopes... Is is realistic?

With the way the season is going for everyone, I say we're still front-runners

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

Absolutely. We should be third in the BCS which means we only need one team in front of us to lose. And if we're fourth, then we still probably only need one team to lose because we will jump the other with our SOS.

4. TC

TC Le Big Mac

You can pencil Ohio State into the national title game. Their defense is good enough to stop any Big 10 team.

Whomever they play in New Orleans will kill them, though.

I don't think it'll be LSU.

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

getting there? YES

winning? maybe.... got some kinks to iron out. they showed up 3 games ago and culminated in a closeeee OT loss to UK. Never fear the HAT is on the job and at this very moment Les is correcting any issues we have ( crosses fingers )

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Ohio State's defense has yet to be tested this season. Sadly, it never well. They haven't played a ranked team all year and it makes me sick to think they will be number 1.

They will fall to Michigan, however. You heard it here.

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Likely...if not sooner. I know it sounds crazy...but going by record combined with schedule...USF is #1...like it or not.

To stick with the topic...absolutely. This may just be the thing this team needed...a wake up call. Hopefully, it worked!:thumb:

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

If we win the west, and we can, and if we win the SECCG, and we can, then we may make it to the NC, and we could win it. We have to win out from here. I predicted the regular season 11-1, and did not which game we would drop, but its hard to go through the SEC without a loss. Well, we picked up one loss. Another, and we'll be like last year, out of contention, and the best two loss team out there. As season end last year, I thought Fla. and LSU were the top 2 teams in the nation. I hope we do better this year.

9. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

No doubt, we have lots of work to do to make this team better. As bad as our defense played yesterday, they played well in certain spots and made a key stops that needed to be made. However, penalties did us in time and time again. Say what you will about the officiating, but it is not the reason we lost the game. Twice, we had the opportunity the put the nail in the coffin, and our defense let us down. Once at the end of the first half, and once more when we were up 27-14. Both times, we let Woodson pick us apart. The two or three series that we actually put guys in his face, he threw interceptions. Why we didn't pressure him the entire second half will baffle me from now until Auburn kickoff.

Now, I kind of got away from the topic, but I think it is ludicrous to think that a NC is out of reach. I will admit, this loss has a different feel to it because it was the defense that let us down yesterday. In the past, you always knew we were in a game because of our defense. But if we continue to let offenses pick us apart like this, we are in trouble. Nonetheless, it is time for this coaching staff and this team to put in some extra hours and right the wrongs from the past couple of weeks. It starts with Auburn, then we have a week off to rest some guys and prep for Bama. November is our time of year. We haven't lost in November since Arky in 2002 if memory serves me correctly. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

2 people like this.
  10. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

A National Title Game appearance is still possible, though we need some help. We are ranked higher now than we were in 03 after the UF loss. We also may have another chance at the Wildcats in the SECCG, which would help our computer ratings. The one problem is if Oklahoma stays ahead of us in the human polls, we could be in trouble.

UK was always going to be the last game we could have afforded to lose. Losing in the division is a killer. We always had to beat AU, UA, LTU, GTHOM & Ark.

GEAUX TIGERS