NCAA 2004

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerLifer3, Feb 19, 2003.

1. TigerLifer3

TigerLifer3 Founding Member

I thought I would try to lighten the mood by talking video games. Seems everyone is on edge the last couple of days.

so what changes would you like to see happen in this coming year's game?? Me personally I like to see the rosters expanded to 75, and them take the time to write the players name, instead of position and number.

and finally how are your season's going in NCAA 2003?? I got tired of playing with LSU after I won 15 National championships. Now I play with ULM (university of Louisiana Monroe) and I am in my 3rd Season, my next game is against LSU (hehe) I only won 1 national championship with them and as of yet still can't get recruits to come to Monroe.

just though I try to lighten the mood with some video game talk

2. tigerdoc88

tigerdoc88 Founding Member

I would love to see them add in the player names, but as I understand it, they aren't allowed to by the NCAA. I've never seen player names in any NCAA gamee. I've got NCAA 2002 and have won 21 NC's. It's actually gotten kind of boring.

3. dallastigers

dallastigers Founding Member

I have not been into those games in a while. I bought a PS2 when it first came out and ended up using it for a DVD player. I used to love Madden and NCAA on Sega. Are they easy to start back up and play now? I know the graphics are better, but is it as much fun?

4. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I love video games...

NCAA 2004 is such a long way off. It comes out in like July? Talking about NCAA 2003 made me go out and buy an Xbox from ebay that never came. I bought the game and it came on time so I had to sit there and look at the game with no console to play it on. It was torture!!

Unfortunately, I don't think that LSU will be highly rated due to the finish of the season. For them to expand the roster to 75 would be a little hard and would end up with some players having arbitrary ratings. Also, who ever plays the backups?

I don't think the NCAA allows use of the players names and that's why you only get name and number. But if you look on ebay there are people who took the time to go through and fill in everyones name on every team and sell it for like 5 bucks. Worth it in my book. It also makes it good for exporting draft classes to Madden with actual college players.

Improvements I would like to see:
    1) Make the stands appear closer to the field instead of looking like they are 100 yards from the field
    2)Put more people on the sidelines that can be knocked over when you barely touch them :D
    3)Commentary - if you score a 90 yard TD in the last seconds to go ahead I think there should be some emotion in the announcers voice
    4)Recruiting should be more interactive - how much you pay the kid, what methods you pay with, evading investigators from the NCAA, etc.
    5)In the dynasty mode, they shouldn't make small teams like Southern Miss, Bowling Green, Toledo, etc. become national powers while most of the SEC falls into ruin

5. Tiger4Ever

Tiger4Ever Freshman

HAHA.....

I would love to see the illegal recruiting aspect thrown in there. Then I would play a season as Bama and be unstoppable. Seriously, I really do think they need to enhance Tiger Stadium. When you play at the Swamp or Lincoln, Nebraska, its like you are at the actual stadium the detail is so good. Tiger Stadium, if you haven't noticed, appears the same size as ULL's stadium! That needs to be worked out for sure. I am actually working on bringing the National Championship to North Baton Rouge. That's right! The Southern Jags are now and independent Div. 1 school and are recruiting white guys! The game kicks ass for real though.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

right now I am 10-0 going into the Ole Miss game. If I beat Ole Miss I will clinch the SEC West. Right now I am projected to go to the Sugar Bowl against............Marshall!! Yep, thats right, our good buddies from the MAC. I am ranked #4 with Miami,OU and Texas ahead of me.

7. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Free rosters at ps2rosters.com . it has a lot of rosters.

I need the the receivers to be split out wider & a create-a-play.
    Also take off LSUs purple socks in their white jersey's
    This game can actually consume all of your time.

8. eric d

eric d Founding Member

First of all the players are considered amateur; therefore, they can not lend there name to any product. That is totally bogus because the game is being sold because of them, but I digress.
    The thing I would like to see is that all of LSU home games were scheduled for the night. Most of them seemed to be during the day. I know it is a small thing, and is easy to change, but I would still like to see it.

9. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I haven't had a chance to actually see this, but since all of the bowl are represented on NCAA 2003, if I were to play in the Independence Bowl does it really have Independence Stadium in Shreveport? And if it does, does it look like its real life counterpart?

10. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

bayou yes it does.
    i would like to see mopre realistic dyansty's. I hate how rice and smu always end up good while big schools end up sucking. I also would like more realstic recruiting. I won 20 nc with lsu so now im playing with LAtech. Im in my second season first went 11-1 finished 10th. This year made the oc schedule awesome so I'm 9-0 and ranked 1st. the game is too easy to me though. even on the hardest level I can beat miami with LaTech.