NCAA 2005

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGeauxTigers1, Apr 15, 2004.

1. LSUGeauxTigers1

LSUGeauxTigers1 Founding Member

Got some news from the upcoming game and I thought I would share it with yall. This is from Game Informer Magazine.

Playing at home will mean alot more this time, especially in rival games. In one of the screenshots, it shows Michigan playing at Ohio State, and Michigan has the ball. They are all at the line of scrimmage, but it shows the wide receivers facing the QB with his hands up in confusion because he can't hear him. It will also be harder to make a 4th quarter drive on the road. Rivaly game will have a big impact on the players. There will also be custom celebrations like the Florida Gator chomp. NCAA 2005 also allows you to take advantage of mismatches with receivers using the right analog stick. So you can match up your tall receiver with their short cornerback. There is also a pic of 2 players with the gatorade bucket about to give the coach a shower. :grin:

Also it is pretty much confirmed that Larry Fitzgerald will be the cover boy this year. Here is the link about it.
    Fitzgerald

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Why wouldn't Fitzgerald be on the cover? After all, he won the heis..oops. But, his team won the natio...oops again!
    Why not Mauck? Clayton? Devery?

3. LSUfan636

LSUfan636 Founding Member

AHHHHH, I can not wait until this games comes out! I look forward to this game coming out almost as much as I look forward to the first game of the season. Key word:ALMOST! :grin:

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Awesome thanks, cant wait either. This game really satisfies the football fix from July to Kickoff.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

How about the SEC Championship and the Sugar Bowl MVP Justin Vincent?

I think theres to much Biast against LSU and I don't know why? :angry:

6. uscpuke

uscpuke Founding Member

It is great to be loyal, but you guys define the word homer.

JV is a possibility for NCAA 2006, but come on. Did Fitzgerald not garner attention every week? Did he not set records seemingly every week?

Why not Fitzgerald, who will be the number one receiver taken in the draft?

I am sure to be flamed for this post, but reality escapes some people. I love LSU as much as anyone on this board, but I can also see that there were other players from other schools who deserve to be the cover boy for this game.

7. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

JV cant be on the cover, no current NCAA player can be on the cover as it violates NCAA rules. I figured it was between Fitz and Eli. Go Fitz!

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Dah,
    Good point, I forgot about that.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Forget the cover, I just wish they would get Tiger Stadium done properly and get LSU's fight song in it. I really enjoy the game but the detail of Tiger Stadium in comparison to the detail of stadiums such as Tennesee's is night and day. As for fight songs, play against Tn. for instance and you will hear a whole lot of Rocky Top and for LSU you get a generic fight song.

10. j0nathanr0y

j0nathanr0y Founding Member

I don't know what game you are playing but I think EA has come a long way. LSU's fight song is in the game.

I believe this year we will also hear LSU's first down cheer and a slight possibility of the forth down cheer. (Keep your fingers crossed)

As far as the stadium goes...Every year its getting closer to being perfect.

The only things I can think of that they screwed up is this:
    1. Nose bleeds are backwards
    2. Numbers on the field aren't every 5 yards like ours
    3. Band sits in the wrong spot
    4. There arent double goalposts like there should be