NCAA considering making the 12 game season permanent.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerInTally, Jan 7, 2005.

1. TigerInTally

TigerInTally Founding Member

I think this would be great. If we aren't gonna see some type of playoff system put in place, at least it would give us to schedule some good home & away games.

Link

2. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I doubt you'll see any LOUD objections to this because of the Money, Money, Money...Money!

3. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

I just find it humorous that college prez's use the "too many games" argument for not having a playoff, yet have no problem whatsoever to moving to a permanent 12-game schedule.

HUH? The hypocrisy is flabbergasting. <--Always happy to use that word in a sentence.

4. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I am always up for another week of CFB. I'd rather they keep it how it is and do some sort of playoff though. Here's to wishful thinking :thumb:

5. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Yeah, it makes you wonder. Good post! Green rep point coming your way!

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I tend to agree with Stoops on this one. Factoring in a conference championship makes this excessive. If they're not going to go with a playoff, or even a "plus one," then this idea is overly contrived. This just rubs me the wrong way. They constantly reiterate that they players can't be paid, the playoffs can't happen, blah blah blah, and then turn around and try to turn every team into BYU (except in some legit conferences.)

7. Jwho77

Jwho77 Founding Member

Having a 12 game season while saying that a 16 team playoff in D-I would be "excessive" is the biggest joke.

Since the money mongers in the BCS will continue to block a playoff, I just hope we get one rule change to accompany a 12-game season:

You MUST have a winning record to go bowling. That means 7-5. All the 6-6 teams stay home because they are not winners. Only winners should go to bowl games.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I agree with most of your post.
    The only thing is I think we could still have bowl games for 7-5 teams but I think if your 6-6 that is where you draw the line.

We have a bunch of mental retards running college football.
    No thanks, I don't give a chit about the 12 game season or some of the rent
    a wins teams people play.

Give me a playoff or at least a runoff game every year that it is needed such
    as AU vs USuck this year and LSU vs USuck last year. :angry:

btw, why not give everyone a conference championship game instead? :mad: