NCAA Investigating Tennessee

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by bhelmLSU, Dec 8, 2009.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

THe story has a ton of quotes from prospects, commits, and family members of prospects about Tenn sending female hostesses to high school games to influence the prospects.

The New York Times > Log In

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Also losing their 3rd coach in one week if the rumor is true.

Wilson, Gran, and Lance Thompson is likely headed to Louisville with Coach Strong.

Coach O is also rumored to be looking around.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

do they smell a sinking ship?

4. UPTTiger

UPTTiger Founding Member

...and this is frowned upon? :grin:

How do they recruit the girls to do this? "We need you to fly, commercial of course, to a high school football game. Slut-it-up a bit and hang over a sweaty piece of jailbait. Sounds good?" What do they get out of it besides internet forum props? Scholarship? Free textbooks? Free game tickets?

5. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

If they did certain things that often go on after a game would they be in trouble for simulating a game day activity?

6. OkieTigerTK

well, we know what some of these boys are thinking with.

uh huh. yeah. right. i believe that. suuuuure. the tenn football program had absolutely nothing to do with the "hostesses" driving sometimes hundreds of miles to recruits games. *wink wink*

yep, kitten has been a great hire for tenn. :hihi:

7. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

don't we(and by we i mean everyone) sort of do this on campus visits(the girls i mean)?

can we not send girls out??

i have no idea what the rules are but if i was recruiting i would tend to make sure the recruit had a totally jesus shuttlesworth kind of time. :yelwink2:

(i'm hoping that one day the ea sports ncaa series will let me recruit guys using tail, i mean c'mon it's a video game. if i can shoot hookers in GTA, why can't i make sure my blue chip DE has a five-some in order to swing his decision?)

1 person likes this.
  8. OkieTigerTK

maybe tenn will claim this has absolutely nothing to do with the tenn fb program or recruiting. this is simply a college internship program training these girls become high paid "hostesses". :hihi:

9. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Looks like it has been going on since March 2009

12:15 PM

From the GoVolsXtra blogs ([blogs.knoxnews.com])
    of March, 2009:

"...It's been very interesting seeing folks gauge where Bryce Brown and Orson Charles will be playing their college football. I'm not so sure about Charles, but there are some theroists the believe Brown will end up at UT. Please allow me to have some fun here
    Bryce Brown's girlfriend Lacy Earps is a Jr. at UT, and would love nothing more than to watch her boyfriend play on Saturday's without having to fly to Miami or Oregon. How serious this "romance" is I can't say, but if her Facebook profile picture is any indication of how interwoven this romance is, Brown may be running through the "T" this fall.
    Lacey + Bryce = Bracey? This relationship must be serious, right?"

View attachment 12713

10. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

Miss Earps and the other hostesses are actually in the Tennessee Football Media Guide. She's a captain in Orange Pride, "a group of students whose primary duty is to promote the University and its strong academic programs, rich traditions, and winning athletics program to campus visitors and potential student-athletes."

View attachment 12714