NCAA makes rule changes for Football

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Crip*TEAM KATT, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

They are trying to shorten the games by, starting the game clock on the kick of the ball instead of the catching the ball on the kickoffs; starting the clock on the setting of the ball instead of the snap of the ball.

My question is does this mean the a JP game will be done within a 5 hour range or will they just add more commerical breaks to make us sit there the whole 6 hours?

2. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

I was going to say, may cut out some of the TV timeouts.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

It's pretty funny seeing this being discussed on shows like PTI. Not a single one of them mentions what you just said. The CBS 2:30 games are terrible because of the commercials!

4. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

But they aint got **** on how many times that ******* with the red hat on walks out on the field during those 1130 games.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

You know what's funny? Watch one of those games that comes on Cox Sports on the weeknights. They'll usually show one from the early to mid-90's. Actually, they showed AU vs UGA from 2000 last night. It's freaking amazing how few commercials there were. They didn't even take one between the end of regulation and the beginning of OT last night!

Commercials piss me off. Especially when I'm at the game. If I'm at home, at least I can go grab a beer or take a piss.

6. Thorny

Thorny Founding Member

Does that mean a team can't effectively stop the clock by throwing an incomplete pass? That will be a big change if true.

Do you have a link? I would appreciate it.

GEAUX TIGERS

7. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I beleive they're talking about on change of possesion. Like after an int, the clock would be started when the ball is set instead of waiting for the snap.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

They won't cut anything that will cost the networks money. On that subject, I imagine the networks have a big say in how much time is devoted to commercals. However, I like the idea.

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I don't like the idea of starting the clock at the setting of the ball instead of the at the snap. That will just result in more delay of game penalties which will negate the time saved by the new rule.

10. Blade Brown

Blade Brown Founding Member

Unfortunately, we'll never know.

http://www.sportsline.com/spin/story/9589959

:thumb: