NCAA Mens Sweet 16

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Berge

Berge Founding Member

This tournament will ultimately prove to be extremely boring, since it seems that all four 1 seeds might make the final four...

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

One small reason is what you are seeing now. NC should prevail but UL has had success slowing down the break and NC looks uncomfortable running a halfcourt offense. Even when they do run the halfcourt O they are putting up shots after a pass or 2. UCLA and UNC's styles look like the exact opposite right now but both are great at what they do.

If NC can find a way to do both, they will win the tourney easily.

3. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

The thing is EVERY team tries to slow the game down so Carolina runs a half court set 85 percent of the time. The difference is they get 10 free points every game. They still probably run a motion offense better than 98 percent of the teams.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

FWIW, Pitino just said Hansbrough was better than Jordan, Kareem, and Magic college. And he coached against all of them. I think that is pretty impressive. That takes a lot of guts if anyone has heard of the Roy/Pitino story from '89. Obviously he wont be an NBA All Star year in year but people should appreciate college players like this. On another note Stern said they are proposing a rule to limit players going pro an extra year, which will create greater college guys. I love the rule.

ps. Louisville cost me 750 dollars in a preseason final four bet.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I am not saying they cant run an offense just what that style of play causes at times. There has been times this season where you see NC sputter when they are not getting offensive boards, turnovers, and trying to steal points when they are not there. But NC has the athletes and coaching to make up for any lapses. Not a lineup most teams have the pleasure of having. Even though they make it look easy it takes many pieces and depth to run that style all season long.

My 1st post I said it was a small reason but these are the main reasons every team can not run the UNC style consistently every game.

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

That is correct, and they recruit guys to fit it. I just love that style and selfishly wish we ran it.

7. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Hook 'em Horns & Rock Chalk Jayhawks. :thumb:

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I picked Memphis and Kansas but I am sure I will be pulling for their opponents.

9. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

What in the hell is the deal with the courts?

I am waiting for someone to go charging after a lose ball fall off the edge and break a bone.

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Texas better wake up or this is going to be over by half time. :po: