NCAA Questions Four In Louisiana About Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Feb 16, 2011.

1. phi1514

phi1514 Founding Member

I hate Auburn!!!

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

The boy posted on facebook or Twitter (forgot which one) the day he got back from auburn that he got a new I phone. I guess he thought no one was listening. Trooper will bring auburn down. It's too bad that a great university will be crippled because of trash working as coaches. Auburn fans should demand the university gets a grip on all of this instead of blowing smoke up each others azz and thinking they are too smart to get caught. Smu thought they were smart too.

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Likely depends on how deep the rabbit hole goes with the number of coaches, players, and university officials involved. If PFP is as widespread as the Colonial Bank mess indicates, it would be difficult not to argue for the death penalty. After all, if a program doesn't get the death penalty for PFP if dozens of co-conspirators are involved, then what does a school have to do to get it? On the other hand, if Trooper Taylor falls on his sword and the NCAA doesn't get anything more substantial, then the worst they get might be lack of institutional control.

For those who think the death penalty can't happen, the NCAA has already unleashed a PR nightmare of its own making between its contradictory handlings of Auburn to date and USC, as well as the Ohio State "suspensions" handed out during bowl season, so there will be big public pressure to drop the hammer if a large scheme is uncovered. Also, I don't see the money people at Bama with connections to the good ole boy SEC office and NCAA tolerating any leniency toward Auburn for a second. This would present a big opportunity to steal Auburn's east Bama/Georgia recruiting base. Auburn football makes money, but if it ends up being too much of a headache to protect them, then the powers-that-be may consider them expendable.

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Code:

Is it possible that all this smoke is made up? Maybe so. But let's look at it. Rumors about poker machines hitting big for players, debit cards without names just acct numbers. You have former players and coaches talking about a culture at auburn that pays off top players. So much talk about parents getting loans that never get paid back. If you have any love for your school you should be worried sick. Things don't stay secret forever. How can you sit back and not be worried sick about what's being said. It seams like every week it's a new Auburn's cheating story. Sooner or later the state or the Feds will get involved and people will be put under oath. The every man for himself mentality will come out and your great university will fall. Auburn fans deserve better than to have their loved football program destroyed by crooked boosters and coaches that only care about themselves. When the rich coaches leave for the country club and the boosters quit paying out nothing will be left. They all will be rich and gone and you auburn fans will be left with nothing. You won't even be able to watch your team on tv. I feel bad for you as fans. It's all going to be taken from you because the culture or cheating was allowed to thrive over the years. Bad thing is you deserve what your going to get because you all allowed it to happen. Anything to keep from being bamma's lol sister. All in war eagle - while it last atleast.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

im not gonna say what is going on at auburn because i dont know. but i dont think they will get the death penalty, even if there is a blazing inferno behind the smoke.

however, i do believe that trooper taylor is dirty, and i believe nelson is a snake oil salesman with some kids. just one rogue coach on a team is enough to cause problems. and, unfortunately, i believe that scum like nelson are on the take to steer kids for their own financial gain. i have no use for all these "mentors" popping up everywhere. i think nelson is gonna ultimately ruin some kids life and chances of playing college ball at all. and that is sad for the kid. to have greedy adults ruin his future.

personally, i think this whole "mentor" thing is something the ncaa is going to have to address, and if i were a coach, i would be very wary about any kid that has one just because of the shenanigans thay might have going on.

7. chewie

chewie Glitched

It just seems way too elaborate to be a complete fabrication for me. There are some kooks out there, but we're not talking about the illuminati or world banking conspiracies, just college football. This isn't just a figment of some unscrupulous journalist's imagination, I think we're well beyond that at this point.

It's a shame, really. That was a damn strong football team.

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Really? ..... if all that innuendo is true, where's the beef? "Anonymous", unnamed sources rarely qualify as journalism. And really, when have you ever heard of the FBI investigating a CFB program or partnering with the NCAA? Don't you think folks are stretching the blogosphere to fit an agenda?

Are you aware that Milton McGregor and Bobby Lowder are also boosters for alabama also? You likely weren't because that doesn't mesh with the agenda that is being pushed by the alabama media.

Where's the link to this so-called conspiracy? ....oh, that's right, it's on TigerDroppings .... now there's a source for ya' :insane:

Some of these rumors border on the ridiculous .....

9. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

I recall plenty of concerned SEC comrades trying to explain to Tennessee the consequences of the Kiffin hire and behavior patterns. Emotionally, they were "all in." Well, right up to the big mattress burning.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Wow, that's a great point. What's going to happen when it's not all spring daises and cinnamon down in Auburn, the truth will come out. It's amazing to me to listen to Auburn folk downplay this and totally deny that something just isn't right about all of this.

If it were LSU, I would want the cheaters and people who broke NCAA laws, and kids who accepted money, GONE!!!! See Dj and Akeem. Seems like Auburn people are cool with it as long as no one gets caught.