NCAA Questions Four In Louisiana About Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Feb 16, 2011.

1. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

"All in" Is the mantra I keep hearing, time and again. What the vols defended concerning ill advised statements and accusations that Kiffin threw around like hand grenades, most tell each other now, how silly that argument was. But he had to do it to them for things to emotionally change.

Even if the ill gotten gains are taken away, unless these Auburn coaches do something somewhat similar, I think they stay "all in." Whatever that gets you.

2. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Don't have to throw any rocks............Auburn is/will be, on trial, that is the point. It is coming and you know it.

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I agree. And if such acts are proven, I want them gone and those responsible punished.

But until I see some evidence, versus innuendo from someone other than "unnamed" and "anonymous", I'll stick with the facts, just as I'm certain you would expect reasonable folks to do with LSU.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

It made for great reading and someone has a hell of an imagination. I think that is all it is...a good fictional story

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

It's called circumstantial evidence. I think the smoking gun is out there, though. Teams don't often go from suck bad to :crystal: in 1 season.

6. chewie

chewie Glitched

I'm picking up what you're putting down man, but if you were on our side of the glass you may see all these loose end stories that seem to surface every other week as a little more than just butthurt Bama fans making waves. I think it would be hard for me to believe too if I were in your shoes. I'm just saying that from an honest, neutral point of view, that's where my gut lies on this issue.

7. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

I can definitely respect that. The way I always look at such stuff is that there's usually thee sides to every story. There's side A, Side B, and there's the truth, ..... which generally resides somewhere in between.

But at some point, folks are going to be forced to deal with the lack of credible "sources" behind the endless drivel spewing from a few bloggers that have zero-accountability for journalistic integrity .... or lack thereof.

The vast conspiracy theories propagated on tigerdroppings were epic fantasies ..... and more importantly, they conflict with what I personally know about the Auburn program. We do a good job at graduating our players and it is rare (in the past decade) that you read about AU players getting into trouble .... and that's coming from a geography (Alabama and Georgia) where the state medias are heavily-biased in favor of the state schools.

I'll jes' wait and see what credible evidence is presented before I climb out on that skinny limb .....

[​IMG]

8. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Fair enough, but I've seen this entire song and dance acted out verbatim several years ago by USCvball regarding the Reggie Bush situation. The same rationalizations, chapter and verse. No hard evidence, smear campaign/witch hunt, how the USC compliance people couldn't have possibly known about his mom's sweetheart deal on the house because of the SoCal housing market troubles, etc. etc. So forgive me for being skeptical of the idea of Auburn being pure as the wind-driven snow in this case.

1 person likes this.
  9. chewie

chewie Glitched

As you should, caddy. It's an all around crappy situation for you guys, true or false. I think defending your school is the right thing for you to do as a supporter, given the lack of substantial evidence thus far. Some people here might be green with envy given the success of LSU this year, but I'm personally happy you guys were able to hold the SEC down. I have no beef with Auburn.

10. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Wouldn't it be wierd if two dead oak trees bought Auburn a crack in the old boy network and they squeezed out of the box?