NCAA Questions Four In Louisiana About Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Feb 16, 2011.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

That's a really good point.

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Another good point. May take some time, but eventually the truth will come to the surface.

3. Sam1975

Sam1975 Veteran Member

Good point about the trees, it could be a message from above! Let's not forget that one of the 4 interviewed by the NCAA this week regarding illegal activities stated a while back "that God had spoken to him and told him to help the youths". The trees are another message from God that the trees must suffer death so the football program will escape the death penalty.

1 person likes this.
  4. kluke

kluke Founding Member

The one thing I am absolutely sure about is this - if all of the facts and non facts of this story were the same, and the Iron Bowl story was the same; BUT Bama and the Barnyards traded places and Bama won with all of the 'rumors' . . . You could hear the War Eagle scream in Sarah Palin's front yard.

5. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

can she see alabama from her front yard?:lol:

6. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Hmmmm .... same interview that Thayer was present for, but Thayer conveniently omitted the quote highlighted below. Pushing an agenda are we? :huh:

NCAA questions recruiting of Thibodaux duo | DailyComet.com

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I have a lot of family in the Houma/Thibodaux area and it sounds as though Trovon Reed and Robinson never had very good reputations. I haven't heard them bash the character of many athletes in the past and not aware of the severity of these particular (perceived) character flaws.

I also recall a family member claim a couple of years ago (shortly after Trovon Reed committed to Auburn) that Reed was the best high school athlete he had ever seen in the Houma area. This was from someone that has been following high school football closely in that area for decades.

I don't follow recruiting quite as well as the die-hards but think (?) Reed was a QB in HS that was going to play WR at Auburn. What kind of injury kept him out last year and is he still projected as a WR? Would he play wildcat QB also?

8. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

Reed is currently listed as WR and was working out at Wildcat last season before getting injured.

From my recollection, Reed suffered a deep knee bruise that mildly displaced the patella. He also endured a high ankle sprain that has since healed.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Reed was a great HS player, but the best I ever saw come out of that area was Ranny Davis. He was an LSU 1999 signee but got into some trouble and ended up going the JC route.

10. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

The Auburn fans reactions seams very similar to that of the USC fans after the Reggie Bush story first came out.
    "It's a great story but I'm waiting for facts"
    "They can't prove any of this"
    "...bla...bla...bla"

We all know how that played out.