NCAA Questions Four In Louisiana About Auburn

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MobileBengal, Feb 16, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Separate interviews will give you different quotes but Lorio gave similar answers. Don't see much of a difference.

2. Sam1975

Sam1975 Veteran Member

I’m not aware of anything--nice job Coach this way "if" evidence surfaces that illegal activity happen Coach can stand by statement that he was not aware. Never said that it did not happen.

3. Sam1975

Sam1975 Veteran Member

There seems to be no doubt that Cam Newton father attempted to have Mississippi State (or a friend of the program) pay $150,000. for his son's football services. After being turned one of 2 things happen.
    1-The father dropped the idea of pay to play.
    2-Cam went were his father was able to obtain the pay to play deal.

I pick #1, now that this issue as been cleared up I can go count the days to the "Easter Bunny" brings me candy.

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Using one of your quotes...

I am curious as to the answer to a question posed earlier. "Why was Trooper on the road recruiting?" That's the question that doesn't beg an answer, it NEEDS an answer.

FWIW caddy...the NCAA is headed to Arkansas from what I'm hearing. Dyer, Frazier, Moseley, and Burns.

Here's what makes this an interesting note, and it's also one of the reasons I pulled bhelm's post.

You see the name Sean Nelson.

In the Arkansas case it's a guy named Walt Williams with Pinnacle Marketing. BTW, Walt just so happened to be a player under one Gus Malzahn.

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

everyone's familiar with Walt Williams and the extent of auburn's involvement with him. It's very old news.

Moseley? ... really? That's some kind of joke, right?

6. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I absolutely agree with you about the NCAA not giving the death penalty. I don't think that will ever happen again.

If these investigations prove the allegations to be true, I would love to see the SEC boot Auburn out: where would Auburn be if they were not playing SEC teams every week. Unfortunately, I doubt that the SEC has the balls to do something like that.

This whole mentor thing is disturbing. They remind me of street hustlers or pimps. I go back to the Reggie Bush thing and how that blew up only because - if you believe the other side - Bush did not live up to a verbal agreement to let those guys be his agent.

I can easily imagine a scenario where these "mentors" might be taking something the equivalent of "hush money" from boosters and players (once they go pro) alike. A few thousand here, a few thousand there...not enough to make it hard to hide and probably considered the "cost of doing business" for some, but get enough kids under these guys and these parasites are making a pretty decent "off the books" supplemental income.

I may be just talking out my arse because admittedly I have no idea of how these things work, but it seems like just another in a long history of street hustles.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

It is what it is.

Man, seriously. Step back and chill. This sn't pretty.

I know what Jack Miller's ex-sect. has been up to on Sunday's...it's not pretty.

8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There is a thread here that you keep asking Tusktimes to answer a question.

Why was Trooper there?

That's all I"m asking.

We can talk about the other stuff later...

9. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

If that's the case, then spill it. Are we talking about JM the former trustee? Jack Miller was one of Lowder's handpicked voters when he stacked the AU BoT in the early 2000's. JM was also on Lowder's board at Colonial, as chief council. Miller was always considered an interloper and was a known bama supporter .... he was never trusted by the AU administration. He died in July of '09.

10. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Cadillac I saw the same kind of words coming out of the USC fans. Where is the proof. Blah blah

You know that it is rotten you just seem to have lost your sense of smell.

I might do the same because i am sure it hurts as the building is burning to start a fire somewhere else and say look over there. Its smoke.

Auburn is gonna burn and there is no stopping it now.

Let's hope they dont take the SEC with them.