NCG announces Les Miles will take UM job if offered!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by gynojunkie, Jan 10, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

The Oklahoma State AD refused to allow Les to return and talk to his team after accepting the LSU job. It's not like he could tell them before accepting the job.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Wrong amigo, it was Mike Gundy and the point you are trying to make is that he tried.

My point is he had the chance after the game.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

there are two parts. three, actually. one, shane is right in a sense. but i think that the job was not accepted the night of the alamo bowl. he was in still in talks. when it was decided was after the alamo by a couple of days and the team was scattered for christmas break. what he lied about to his team was that he was not talking to lsu when he was. in fact, when he met with reps of lsu, he was in san antonio preparing for the game. the job was not a done deal. so shane is right in that he lied to his team. the technicality was he had not yet accepted the job. he was in negotiations.

two. miles wanted to come back when the players were back from christmas break to apologize. his intention in lying about the talking to lsu reps was to keep from being a distraction to his team. when he wanted to come back and tell them, gundy was already named coach and would not let miles address what were then his former players.

three. miles has said publicly he handled it wrong. he should have been up front about he was really in talks with lsu. i have hoped he learned his lesson and if ever put back in that position would handle it differently. we are about to possibly find out.

1 person likes this.
  4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I had completely forgotten about the drama club performance he put on at the team dinner the night before. I actually sat next to one of his assistant coaches on a flight once and got the play by play. Looking back I can see why he did it but I can also see why so many of them really don't like him for it. In time I think they will understand he did it for the right reasons and it was not to be deceptive.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I'd posted earlier that it was the AD but was wrong and didn't realize it was Gundy. Sorry red if you got that from me.

Okie had it right also- I think she's a closet Oklahoma fan.

Coaching distractions hampered Cowboys at 2004 Alamo Bowl | Tulsa World

6. OkieTigerTK

i believe miles intentions were good also. but good intent backfired. and when he wanted to address his former team, was not allowed. i have read interviews where he said he handled it wrong. and like i said, i have hoped he learned from it.

but i also said in another thread, there is no good way to handle it. and who knows if miles himself knows. i really can see the man being torn on this and that being the reason for being vague on everything.

we shall see.

7. kluke

kluke Founding Member

You are a treasure of trivia. History major?
    thanks good info.

8. LSUTiga

Okie fan. Shhh, don't say I told ya.

9. OkieTigerTK

my parents are osu grads, and my sister has season tix to football and basketball with my dad and has for years. so even tho i was raised to bleed orange and black, it never took. i bleed purple and gold. im happy for my family when they win, not devastated when they dont.

family gatherings get tense when the discussion turns to football tho. my father understands lsu is a better job and holds no grudge. my sister still has jilted lover syndrome. she turns into a real bitch about lsu football and my dad has to referee family dinners a lot cause i dont take it.

as far as the information, it comes from what is public knowledge in oklahoma, especially to osu fans, or from someone i know who knows a good source of scoop for osu athletics.

10. LSUTiga

I know, I know. :wink: