Nebraska Wants to Pay Football Players

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MikeD, Feb 12, 2003.

1. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I guess they weren't satified with an Indy Bowl appearance.:p

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Personally I dont think it is a bad idea. From what I understand they are not allowed to work (Makes sense) so they cannot have any money except what their parents give them.

I think each football player (or all atheletes who follow the strict rules of the NCAA) should get some money a fixed amount to each player each month. They dont have the same priviledges we do.

4. Hub

Hub Founding Member

just make it a part of their scholarship....x $'s a month/week......if they don't maintain their grades it's over just as with the football.

One thing does go over looked though. if these kids families do not have any money they are cinches (?) for grants.

5. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

My Opinoin

Is that you should take an average of the student body and what they get paid and give the Athlete a weekly wage based on that average as long as they are at the school during school or at school working on football. I think it is a shame that you can use them as a NIKE billboard but they can not be paid. But I do not go to LSU to watch an individual I go to watch the Tigers so the argument that the players are what I go to see does not hold water here. I go to see the LSU TIGERS.