Need help finding quote regarding Fresno-LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DocBrooks, Apr 6, 2006.

1. DocBrooks

DocBrooks Founding Member

I remember hearing some Pac10 fan claiming that during the USC-Fresno broadcast that one of the guys in the booth, while praising Fresno's play anyone attitude, that Fresno had wanted LSU but LSU didn't want Fresno. Of course this particulary group of Pac10 fans that I know haranged me for days interpreting that as LSU was too scared to play Fresno. Well I'm due to send them an email with that quote and a pic of LSU's upcoming schedule. However, I can't find a source for that quote anywhere in my brief search. I'm pretty sure it was indeed said during the broadcast because multiple people have chided me about it. Can anyone dig that up as a favor to a fellow tiger fan. I really want to throw this back in their face, they don't follow cfb enough to know that LSU has added Fresno already.

Also, I've heard the real reason for the late add was that Fresno wanted a hom& home and LSU said that was only possible if it could be played in consecutive years, and it wasn't b/c of date conflicts, so Fresno finally settled on just a trip to LSU. Am I right? Anyway, help a brother out with the quote from the fresno-usc broadcast.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Why do PAC-10 fans care about Fresno?

3. DocBrooks

DocBrooks Founding Member

b/c I was laughing at them during USC's heart attack game vs Fresno, and then the announcer said LSU didn't want to accept Fresno's request and they started in on how LSU was scared... Basically it was excuse time for having such a close call. The worst part about it is they were Oregon fans. They knew full well that they had to rely on their big brother USC to carry the Pac10 flag or they would get no respect.

PS: They were also saying how Fresno is no mid-major and is a top 15 team.... then of course they go and lose to La Tech, Nevada, and Toledo but I have yet to call them on that. I'm just gonna fire over an email covering the whole thing so that next time I see them the record is set straight.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

They were wrong with the information anyway. It was the Auburn Tigers that the Fresno State story they had read/heard was about. Of course when they got on tv, they assumed the tigers from the story were those of LSU.

5. clair

clair Rockets

you sure about this?

because I remember the announcer specifically saying that LSU chose to play Appy St. over Fresno, so it sounded like they had done some research

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I remember it pretty well, yes.

7. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

I agree. I'm certain that it was just a case of poor research (if any). LSU's open date didn't even correspond to when Fresno could play LSU. However, Auburn's turning down Fresno was pretty well documented last season.

(In fairness to Auburn, filling the date Fresno wanted to play would have given them an absolute killer stretch of the season...)

8. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

I remember this story when it first surfaced. I agree w/ Grad, in that the announcer had it mixed up.

There's no way it could have been LSU as Fresno St. had a game scheduled on the date in question (the one Appy St. eventually filled).

9. clair

clair Rockets

okie dokie... cool...!

my mistake...

Auburn is the cowards then...