Need picture of Cap One Bowl non-call

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerjeffrey, Feb 15, 2005.

1. tigerjeffrey

tigerjeffrey Founding Member

Got an email today from a buddy who is an Iowa fan, talking smack. Can someone please post that photo showing the two blocks in the back on that last play -- in a format I can email to him -- or tell me where I can find it. Thanks.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

LSU!

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

If he's talking smack, he's not an official representative of our school... if we catch him, he'll have to spend next season attending every Iowa State home game and dress like a clop.

Not that you even need a reminder of that truly great game, but Scothawk has his new video out, which you can view below. Yes, it's a pro-Hawk video... but all your great plays are in it and your late comeback is fully documented... it is full of respect for your great program. If I have upset you by even suggesting you watch any part of the replay, I apologize. We all could use more fans OF THE GAME like Scothawk.

http://www.scothawk.com/flvswfpublish/2004highlights/caponehighlights.swf

4. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Here it is "highlighted"

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

If you run the video towards the end, it shows the play from different angles and different speeds. The defender who had been on Hinkle turned to make the stop... it would appear he was out of position (too late) to stop Holloway anyway... but my eyes are "tainted".... as will be yours when you decide if it was a touch or a push. At regular speed, it would be a very tough call, very tough, for any official.

And if you want to see the hold on Matt Roth during Broussard's 74 yard TD run, I'm sure some avid Hawk fan could send it to you....

6. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Another angle...

7. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I agree with you that Iowa deserved it, but if a Hawk emails you talking smack - it is your duty to represent LSU and show him exactly how they won that game. The game isn't over if that Hawk doesn't let it go.

PS: I gotta admit that ScotHawk does a great job with these videos and is really fairly impartial. He shows the big plays that LSU made and doesn't make the films completely biased. I like that. Shows his respect of the competition.

8. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

I would do as follows and just send him that picture of the National Title Championship Crystal.

No one really cares (in my family at least) about the bowl game really.....

Iowa wont sniff it

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Now THAT'S something to hang your hat on. Last time I checked USC also ONLY has one.

10. BB

BB Founding Member

I'm taking this thread over - it is now a thread for you to enjoy great pictures from me...