Needed qualities of possible new head coach Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scottz87, Jan 9, 2011.

1. scottz87

scottz87 Veteran Member

Imo we need to get a high character guy who would be somewhat of a player's coach, similar to Les. The players love him and play for him. We do not need an a- hole like Pelini coming in and ruling with an iron fist. If you are a recruit and looking at coaches, what little dictator would you rather play for? BoP or Nick? I'd go to Bama for an arse chewing. It looks as if the recruits come to LSU for the somewhat loose feel of the program. It's an almost NFL like situation here. The coach needs to be an offensive minded coach who would be in favor of keeping the Defense as is, including coaching staff. Chief stays! And most important know football strategy! My suggestion would be to give Frank Wilson a one year interim gig because of the bad timing of all this ****e. And keep the status qou. The players love Frank. He recruits LA like no one else has. I also like Houston coach Kevin Summerlin if you need someone now. We just don't need a defensive minded ahole right now.

1 person likes this.
  2. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Offensive wizard with no mercy. I want a guy that has every intention of hanging half a hundred on the scoreboard every week.

1 person likes this.
  3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

other than the obvious ability to win...

1. the ability to win by running a clean program.

2. an offensive minded coach. i dont think we have to "hang a half a hundred" every outing, but we do need someone who can get the o on track.

4. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Whoever is the best candidate for the job in 2022 or so. Depends on when Les decides to retire.

1 person likes this.
  5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

His name is Malzahn and I would jump all over it.

80 offensive plays per game, guaranteed

did it at Arkansas
    did it at Tulsa
    did it at Auburn

6. souljaslim1

souljaslim1 Bigg Daddy

I would prefer a hard nose defensive minded coach...cause you can always find a good oc....it seem like an offensive minded coach always bumps heads with his oc..which can cause problems..(miles & crowton).....

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

A coach that has shown that he can
    1)win big games. Almost every game in the secw is like a bowl game. Gotta be able to handle the pressure
    2) runs a clean ship. Don't need any NCAA problems. Won't tolorate players being gangsters on and off the field
    3)not afarid to win. Miles will go for it on fourth and fake punts and fieldgoals. We need a coach that will carry on the tradition of going for the win.
    4)has a true deep desire to destroy teams from Alabama without any mercy and humilate Florida every year as violently as humanly possible

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Hey wait, you just described Guz Malzahn.

You win.

9. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

Wonder how he would do with 3 of the 4 LSU qbs being pro style qbs and not dual threat qbs. Lee, Mett, and Rivers are all drop back passers and are not a good fit for Malzahn's zone read type offense. One of the reasons we need to let GC go and get us a good pro style OC.

10. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Sounds like we need Les Miles to me. (With a few minor asst coach changes)