Needed qualities of possible new head coach Any suggestions?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by scottz87, Jan 9, 2011.

1. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Seriously, I think the most important qualities of a head coach are the ones we rarely see exhibited. Everyone focuses on the game day stuff and recruiting because that’s high profile but there are literally hundreds of decisions that have to be right for the game to even be relevant.
    So here are some of my most important stealth HC qualities;
    1. Can you set the tone and lead a large diverse group to be what you want your program to be. This one is hard but important. Huge lead by example factor here for integrity, doing things right, work ethic and general atmosphere.
    2. Do you know how to assemble the right group of personalities to work together towards common goals? It’s not just ‘we all want to win 14 games’; the staff has to be of one mind, or have the ability to work as one mind on the day to day stuff.
    3. Do you know how to evaluate players not just for talent but for team compatibility

Can you say NO to a deep pocket booster in a way that doesn’t offend?

Please add or comment as you wish

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Yeah, because nothing screams "future successful head coach" like success at Tulsa. (Right Steve Kragthorpe?)

Not to mention he now has a senior laden offensive line at Auburn and the best player money can buy.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

That's my thought. Funny how so many now believe we have what we need. I guess it takes almost losing whatcha got to realize the grass isn't greener elsewhere.

4. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

Kind of wondering what he is waiting on. However he can lose 65-62 but win 3-0. Defense.:geaux:

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Someone who is absolutely deaf so he won't have to hear the BS from the vocal minority of LSU fans.