Negativism

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Mar 8, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I am constantly frustrated and amazed at the negativity of a lot of posters here. I am nearly 56 years old and have been an LSU fan since the 1958 NC and, believe me, this is the best of times for LSU athletics. We have nationally ranked programs in football, baseball, Mens' & womens' track, womens' basketball, softball and gymnastics. The mens' basketball team is a lock for the NCAAs. Yet, we regularly have to put up with the constant belly-aching from a number of people here who are just not satisfied. Just today, some loser starts a thread criticizing Brady who is coaching one of the hottest teams in the country. We lose a baseball game on a freakin' Tuesday night to the #1` ranked team in the country and the anti-Smokers are out in force. Jesus, one idiot even dredged up an old post to bitch about Saban. I've been on this forum for nearly 3 years and have about 7500 posts. Obviously, I like it here, but damn people. Get a life. Step back and look at the big picture. We've got it great right now. Learn to deal with a little sports adversity for crying out loud. Our coaches and players work extremely hard and are doing their best to bring championships to the school and to the fans. It's getting harder and harder to check into TF everyday due to the increasing number of whining infants. Bash away. If I bother to read your posts, I'll give it right back.

2. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Good post. But, I will say that it is tough to be satisfied all the time. I mean you can always find something wrong with something. But, how can you not be happy if your Tiger fan with the state of nearly all LSU programs. I mean fans will be fans. It's fine to want good things. But if its anything short of a NC in everything, people seem to be let down. Thats not the way to go.

3. SabanFan

Hell, I'm not satisfied. I absolutely despise losing to Tulane in anything. But it's early and I've seen this kind of thing before. It's not how you start. It's how you finish.

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Well I'm talking about things in general. But, if you want to use baseball as the barometer here then ok. It's one loss. You can lose 15-18 games in baseball. It doesnt matter. Tulane is a good team. But, LSU is in such a great state that I cant see people getting POed over small things. If it's not a number 1 team or a NC they dont want it.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Just because you repeat that phrase over and over in your posts, it is not going to make it factual. LSU!

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

nuff said

7. SabanFan

Prime example #1:

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I agree SabanFan. The thing that bothers me the most is people always expecting to win. It's like they forget or ignore the fact that the other teams have coaches and are trying their best to win the game also. Our teams work hard, the coaches work hard, but so do the other teams' players and coaches. Sometimes the our team will win because of their hard work, sometimes the other team will win.

Right now, the great majority of LSU teams are winning alot more games than they are losing. That's a good thing....

9. BB

BB Founding Member

Go to Vegas - get a hooker

Take your heart pills before getting the hooker

Time for a break, maybe a vacation - Vegas?

Is this due to your prostate problems?

What else would you do with your time?

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

ya know, i just don't get it. It's human nature to bitch and whine when you lose, no matter what. It's theruputic. In the end, it sets higher standards, and makes things better. It's down right AMERICAN,

ya don't say wistfully, "Aw shucks," like Gomer Pyle, and go on your merry way.