Negativism

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Mar 8, 2005.

1. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's an excellent point and it illustrates just how spoiled we have become. Most schools with decent baseball programs would kill to get into the CWS just once. It seems that about a dozen schools are consistently there and LSU is one of them. If we go 2 and BBQ, we say "next year". Schools like ULL say "damn, we had our shot and blew it".

2. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

But with the talent we have we should not be going 2 and BBQ.

We are on a different level than U-LL, so making the comparison is ludicrous. According to one of the guests on Paul Finebaum's show after the CWS, LSU is slowly slipping from the top program in the country and in fact argued with Paul that Texas, Cal State, Rice and Stanford are better programs in the last few years.

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

So after 4-5 years the fact that we are still one of the top programs in the country means nothing? We should be worried about what a guess on Finebaum's show thinks? Geez. I think that still being one of the top programs in the country after losing the greatest coach in history is pretty stout. Look at what has happened to many other programs that have lost their great coach. I'd have to say that LSU, Miami and Cal State are about the only 3 programs that have been able to sustain their great programs after losing their great coaches.

4. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

Agree! I thought it was funny that Finebaum would remotely defend LSU.

5. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

There goes the neighborhood. :lol:

6. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

Anyone else find the humor in people bitching about people bitching?

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Always. :hihi:

I interpret the negativism as people around here not doing what they are told by SabanFan when he bitches. :grin:

I like SF's posts a lot though. His old folks home humor really cracks me up more often than not!

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't know. The mindless bitching of a few folks doesn't really bother me all that much. People have a right to make a fool of themselves and I often enjoy watching them do it. This is a forum for discussion and there is always going to be a ramah or someone like him. I get annoyed at a few folks here who childishly demand perfection at all times. But I'd rather be annoyed at their immaturity than to slide down the slope to censorship. What's next? No Monday morning quarterbacking?

Part of the fun of a forum like this is too see all of the divergent opinions. Some are deep, articulate, and thoughtful, some are shallow, stupid and inflammatory. I just ignore silly posts that aren't worth my time. Why waste energy lecturing folks that they should think more like me?

I don't think any of us want this forum to become like some of the boards out there with oppressive censorship of anything slightly critical of the Tigers. What a drag! Such sites end up being populated by a handful of boring folks who only want to pump sunshine up your ass.

I think the sunshine pumpers and the "sky is falling" negative types are all part of the mix. We all get annoyed on the forum at times. I say--speak your piece, let others speak their piece, then move on and don't take it personally. Anybody who gets angry and upset at a character on an anonymous forum needs to chill.

So . . . yes, SabanFan. The negative fans annoy me too. They just don't upset me. Sometimes I think you and I are the only adults on the board. I work around a lot of college students, so perhaps it is easier for me to understand that most of the posters around here are teenagers and in their early twenties. They can't help being naive. We were once naive and foolish, ourselves. A couple of decades of life experience is the remedy and we have been largely cured. The youngsters will be cured of naivity in time. I ain't going to get my blood pressure up by worring about it now.

In fact, I'm going to have a couple of tall drafts at lunch to celebrate not really giving a damn whether Brady stays or goes. Cheers.

9. Sean

Sean Freshman

You said it all and said it well, exactly what I have been thinking.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

why not? why ever say anything?