Negativism

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Mar 8, 2005.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Let me give you my favorte martin quote

Likewise, I address what people are saying. I don't waste effort demanding that they accept my opinions and march in step.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

i understand that, but nobody ever demands that anyone walks in step. sabanfan has a gripe, that everyone is way too critical in the short term. if he wants to lecture us on that, fine. and if you want to lecture us that sabanfan cares too much that is cool too. what you call wasted energy, sabanfan might call a fun bitching session.

also if you frame your lectures to us as advice, like i did to TE, it sounds polite.

3. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

I look at it this way. I pay money to this site to express my feelings, opinions, praise, gripes..etc. if you don't like what I'm saying, you've got the freedom to NOT read, to respond or NOT to respond. I love LSU athletics and think that we should EXPECT excellence and NOT settle for mediocrity. And by God if I want to vent my thoughts or feelings - good, bad, indifferent, negative, cynical...whatever the case may be then I'm going to do it. In the immortal words of Eric Cartman - Screw you guys, I'm going home!

4. mcmikel

mcmikel Founding Member

SabanFan has me by a touchdown agewise and has been posting much longer. I am vocal about my diappointment in John Brady and very upset people want extend his contract based on six weeks of play, rather than the entire body of work. Maybe I need to give a little personal background so folks can at least see where I am coming from, not that you have agree with me.

I grew up in Houston as a major LSU hater. My mental model was based on football games. The Houston alumni chapter tossed a free ride my way. During my years at LSU, I grew to appreciate and love LSU. I'll put my history degrees up against any university in this region. Dr. Emmert came into the picture, shook things up, and LSU is now gaining long over due academic recognition. Saban came in and pulled football, screaming by some old-timers, to heights of our dreams. There is a difference between wanting to win and accepting average. Look closer...

Baseball: How many times has Tulane beat LSU in post-season? Twice and it happened in the same year. How many times have we popped the Pond Scum? I've lost count by it is double digits. Went it counts, in post-season, they don't. Same for Oo-La-La. Smoke recruited the players that built this program back when the nay-sayers were staying home during Spring of the 1980's and 90's. Smoke will win. However, there is one fact: We expect to compete for National Championships in baseball and anything less is diappointing.

Football: Miles may be booed by some at the first punt, if we don't beat North Texas by 50; and at the first loss. If Miles wins big, the same people may say it will be because it was Saban's talent. Miles may already in a no-win situation with these people. Again, we expect to compete National Championships in football and anything less is diappointing.

Basketball: Long term success at the level displayed since mid-January should be the constant demand. However, do we expect mediocrity in basketball and anything more is worthy of long-term contracts? Two winning SEC records in eight years is below LSU standards by my measure.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

If all the talk on this forum was all sunshine, I would'nt even come here. Let people bitch and moan all they want, don't bother me at all. You sound worse than the b!tchers themselves when all you do is b!tch about the b!tchers. Honestly, I pay money to this site to **** with AU people.
    [​IMG]

6. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

dheadtiger.......
    that cat's a killer :hihi:

7. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Would'nt be no fun around here simple man, if not for our Auburn visitors. I like jackin with those guys. Other than that, a whole bunch of in-fighting going on. This one don't like that one, that one don't like that one, so on and so forth. I try to divert some of that in-fighting toward AU. :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'm happy I started this thread. I have read every post and feel that some excellent points were made both for and against my original thoughts. I'm probably still going to jump on the nay-sayers once in a while, but I also realize that it's the different viewpoints, dispositions, personalities, etc that make this a fun place. Last night I was hotter'n a pistol but reading through the thread today, I smiled a few times at comments from all sides. Anyway, Red gave the best advice and I'm going to be like him. Laugh silently at the fools. :D

Also, in my defense, I wrote a check for $2259 yesterday to get my son's truck out of the shop. Last night at about 9:30 he called me and said his truck wouldn't start. :po: :po:

9. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

stop all your bitching and moaning..... :cry: :shock:

:geauxtige

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Aaahhh...the Bizarro World's Voice of Reason. :dis: