Negativism

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SabanFan, Mar 8, 2005.

1. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

just testing the "new and improved Sabanfan"

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

You can't kill bad grass. :yelwink2:

3. olVENICEdog

olVENICEdog Founding Member

Is that toonces from SNL :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

4. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

This is an internet message board. It is not real life . . . it is virtual reality.

I'm sure that we could all to do some soul-searching and improve our posting and behavior on this board. SF’s point is that if we want to post something critical, try to make it sensible, rather than mindless whining. This is a great suggestion! SF has a lot of great ideas.

I have a suggestion for all of us (including SF) also: it’s not necessary to call a fellow LSU Tiger fan names or to be insulting or arrogant towards them at any time, even if in your own mind, you think that they are an idiot. The reason for this is because it just builds acrimony and bad blood.

In the old days, insults in a public forum were answered with the gauntlet at your feet and a challenge to a duel. Not many duels actually happened, but the knowledge that if you went into a bar and insulted people could lead to your death made people mind their manners.

Some of us who throw around insults and arrogance to fellow Tiger fans should remember that this is not the kind of thing that fellow LSU Tiger fans should be doing to each other. The fact that we there’s no longer a way to answer insults like their used to be should not matter. We shouldn’t need that kind of incentive for us to try to behave better towards each other.

5. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

So in summary, the Jean Lafitte standard is established: Always ask yourself, what would a pirate do? :hihi:

6. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I wouldn't live that way. I can't afford all of the Vaseline expenses. :nope:

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

O.K. but I reserve the right to point out the really stupid ones.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Hey you stay away from my posts!

9. Jean Lafitte

LOL.

Just give it the "ole college try!"

10. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte was a privateer and a smuggler, not a pirate.

He never raided USA commerce or USA flagged vessels . . . only Spanish, English and French, and only at times when he had a US Govt Letter of Marque giving him permission to raid commerce from a particular nation's merchant fleet. There may have been an incident or two in which a foreign merchant ship was raided before Lafitte got the word that the US Govt had rescinded the Letter of Marque for that particular foreign nation, however, word from Washington DC took some time to reach Barataria Bay, LA, or Lafitte's commerce raider at sea.

Shame on you for saying bad things about the hero of the Battle of New Orleans. I thought that in dealing with other LSU Tiger fans, we agreed to stay away from Unwarranted Negativism, Over the Top Arrogance, Nasty Personal Insults, and Acting Like a Big Know-it-All?

PS You wouldn't call Captain Raphael Semmes, captain of the CSS Alabama a "pirate" would you? No. So why call Jean Lafitte a pirate?

Have you learned NOTHING from this thread? Sheezum. :hihi: