Netanyahu and Iran politics

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Why does how much money she has affect her Multiple Sclerosis? If you have MS, I'm pretty sure you can claim your dog if you research it.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I have depression. And my dog makes me happy. How does a horse help MS? Do lions help paralysis? So if I'm paralyzed and I want to ride a lion around should I be able to use it as a write off?

3. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

You are depressing me...
    https://www.ncmedical.com/animal-assisted-therapy

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Wow, really? Equine-assisted therapy (EAT) has been in use for centuries, dating back to 600 BC. Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship (PATH) has been around for some 50 years to help assist and promote the use of horses in all kinds of physical, mental, emotional therapy, including for MS. Horses are perfect for therapy because at direction, they provide immediate feedback to the patient.

Out here in SoCal, my daughter and I support the Shea Center for Therapeutic Riding. "

[​IMG]
    » Cerebral Palsy » Autism Spectrum Disorder
    » Developmental Delay » Mental Retardation
    » Aspberger's Syndrome » Down Syndrome
    » Sensory Integration Issues » Multiple Sclerosis
    » Seizure Disorders » Attention Deficit/ Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)

The Center's staff is highly skilled in developing and delivering therapeutic programs to address physical and cognitive challenges. We have treated more than 70 physical and cognitive disabilities including: cerebral palsy, spinal cord and brain injury, muscular dystrophy, mental retardation, Down syndrome, multiple sclerosis, attention deficit disorder, autism spectrum disorders, and hearing and visual impairment."

We focus most of our time on their military family program. There is something pretty darn special about seeing a special needs kid respond so positively to a horse.

[​IMG]

Homegirl is paralyzed.

LSUDad likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

So that's supposed to be common knowledge?

6. LaSalleAve

tirk and Tiger Exile like this.
  7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes? Maybe? I don't know, perhaps I should check myself....I sorta thought animal therapy, particularly horses WAS common knowledge. I tend to think you got a lil pissy because it was Romney's wife....she isn't any less deserving of therapy for her disease. Now if there was horse therapy to make people stop lying, we could send Hillary! ;)

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I've heard of it and see no problem with any kind of legitimate animal therapy. It sounds pretty cool.

If the mega rich wish to do it with expensive Olympic champions and get a hefty tax write-off on it, it is the privilege of vast wealth in the 21st century. GOP tax policies give lots of extra benefits like this to those who can afford to gold plate everything and still think they are in touch with America..

9. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

They have to spend their wealth on something. A lot of people have and are getting paid to take care of that therapy animal.

uscvball likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

Nah it was just the first thing I thought of. I didn't even know she had MS. To me she was just another silver spooned aristocrat who was getting tax breaks 90 percent of us would never get because we aren't rich. I guess it's ok now that I know the circumstances but on the outside it just looks like another way rich people have found to cheat the system that everyone else can't use, unless I can write off my dog for servicing my depression. But, again, didn't know she had MS, if the horse can help her great, the horse is probably well taken care of too so that makes me feel better as well.

Tiger Exile likes this.