Netanyahu and Iran politics

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Jan 23, 2015.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

All the Muslims have to do is give back the temple, I mean really it does belong to the jews. Of course the gold box that God sleeps in would have to go with it but I'm sure those crazy rag head bastsrds aren't about to part ways with the ark.

2. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Even some folks at Fox news said this was wrong on the part of Bohner.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I know. But so do a lot of other countries in the area. Israel is not our only ally in the region and is not vital to us.

I'm talking about terrorism. The islamists have gone from hijacking Israeli airliners and killing Israeli athletes to killing Americans on a large scale. It cannot be denied. We all realize that Israel is a still target but we have supplanted them as the infidel target of choice. More Americans have been killed by terrorists than have Israelis in this century.

Come on . . . Israel didn't even exist until 1948!

Eisenhower, for one, was not a fan of Israel and forced Israel to abandon the occupation of Sinai after the 1956 war. Carter did the same thing in 1973, but sweetly. Israel had to return Sinai to Egypt again in return for a huge increase in military aid from the US which has continued and skyrocketed in price. Essentially the United States bought Sinai for Egypt, but it produced a peace that had lasted 40 years.

Some, by no means all. Culturally Israel is more part of the West than of the Middle East, but they are still one of several local semitic peoples that have warred with each other for millennia. The Hebrews versus the Philistines is just one of the longest-running at 4,000 years. We are foolish to imagine that we can fix this.

Peaceful? You know as well as I that Israel is one of the most militaristic countries on the planet. Everybody serves in the military, even the women. They have modern military forces that they use frequently and large ready reserves that can be called up. They have invaded and occupied each country that borders them and still hold territory from two, in defiance of UN resolutions, which they have violated more than any other country. They have killed many, many civilians along the way. They have conducted air strikes on nuclear power plants in two countries. Of course, they have over 200 illegal nuclear weapons, for gawd's sake. I could go on and on . . .

Look, I understand why you like Israel, they are likable many ways and they do share more of our values than the ridiculous, despicable, and increasing crazy Palestinians. I like Israel, too. But don't whitewash them as some kind of Oasis of Peace in the Middle East. They are the Iron Tower of the Middle east. We have made them so. And that fact has not been lost on anybody.

Bet that doesn't last long . . . ;)

Who has denied Israel as an ally? Not me. I said that Israel is intransigent. This is true, they are proud of it. I said Israel is not our ONLY ally in the region. This is true, as well. I think that Israel is not worth what it has cost us and hasn't given US 100% support by far. They never have. Bottom line: Israel's best interests are NOT automatically the best interests of the United States of America. They look out for number one. We should honor them by doing the same thing ourselves.[/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
    LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  4. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

"From John Adams to John Q Adams to Roosevelt and Truman, to Kennedy to Clinton, to Obama and every President in between, the US has supported Israel.
    Come on . . . Israel didn't even exist until 1948!"

Post of the year right here.

Tiger in NC likes this.
  5. red55

Well the temple was destroyed long ago, its just a hill now. And that hill has been fought over for 4,000 years between Jews and Palestinians, Hittites and Assyrians, Egyptians, Romans and Englishmen. That hill is owned by whoever can hold it.

I suspect that was busted up and looted when the temple was destroyed. But if they buried it somewhere, then some Indiana will dig it up someday. It's one reason that Israel doesn't want to give up Judea and Samaria. The place is lousy with ancient Hebrew archaeology. They gave up Gaza in a heartbeat--no Hebrew artifacts there, except stolen ones from the West Bank.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

The original one sure, but didn't the camel fuckers build one right on top of where Solomons temple was? Sort of a slap in the face eh?

Didn't the jews try to dig a tunnel into the basement of the Dome to try and steal the ark some time ago? I'd bet it is down there.

7. red55

There are hundreds of vertical feet of ruined temples predating and post-dating the Great Hebrew Temple of Solomon. Camel-fuckers and sheep-fuckers have been slapping each other's faces for millennia over these hills.

The Temple Mount is riddled with tunnels going back thousands of years. And treasure down there has likely been looted long, long ago.

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I flat out disagree. They are vital for a number of reasons.

That's about oil....not Israel.

"Our forces saved the remnant of the Jewish people of Europe for a new life and a new hope in the reborn land of Israel. Along with all men of good will, I salute the young state and wish it well"

"The teaching of their ancient belief is filled with truth for the present day. Its profound sense of justice, nation to nation, man to man, is an essential part of every religious and social order. The health of our society depends upon a deep and abiding respect for the basic commandments of the God of Israel"

They are under constant attack with nearly 25 other countries interested in their total annihilation. That's how a country defends itself from imminent threat. There are logical reasons why they do what they do....let's not pretend they are "militaristic" just for the hell of it. The UN? Iran and Iraq are members of the UN. I don't give a shit what they think or resolve to do.

They would be an Oasis of Peace of muslim countries in that region would leave them alone.

9. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Israel being the current operative term. But nice try.

John Adams-"I could find it in my heart to wish that you had been at the head of a hundred thousand Israelites ... and marching with them into Judea and making a conquest of that country andrestoring your nation to the dominion of it. For I really wish the Jews again in Judea an independent nation."

John Q Adams-"I believe in the rebuilding of Judea as an independent nation"

Abraham Lincoln-"Not long after the Emancipation Proclamation, President Abraham Lincoln met a Canadian Christian Zionist, Henry Wentworth Monk, who expressed hope that Jews who were suffering oppression in Russia and Turkey be emancipated “by restoring them to their national home in Palestine.” Lincoln said this was “a noble dream and one shared by many Americans."

Woodrow Wilson-"The allied nations with the fullest concurrence of our government and people are agreed that in Palestine shall be laid the foundations of a Jewish Commonwealth. ...To think that I, the son ofthe manse, should be able to help restore the Holy Land to its people"

Warren Harding-"It is impossible for one who has studied at all the services of the Hebrew people to avoid the faith that they will one day be restored to their historic national home and there enter on a new and yet greater phase of their contribution to the advance of humanity."

Calvin Coolidge-"Coolidge expressed his “sympathy with the deep and intense longing which finds such fine expression in the Jewish National Homeland in Palestine.”

The Jews themselves, of whom a considerable number were already scattered throughout the colonies, were true to the teachings of their prophets. The Jewish faith is predominantly the faith of liberty"

Herbert Hoover-"I wish to express the hope that the ideal of the establishment of the National Jewish Home in Palestine, as embodied in that Declaration, will continue to prosper for the good of all the people inhabiting the Holy Land....I have watched with genuine admiration the steady and unmistakable Progress made in the rehabilitation of Palestine which, desolate for centuries, is now renewing its youth and vitality through the enthusiasm, hard work and self-sacrifice of the Jewish pioneers who toil there in a spirit of peace and social justice."

Franklin Roosevelt-"The American people, ever zealous in the cause of human freedom, have watched with sympathetic interest the effort of the Jews to renew in Palestine the ties of their ancient homeland and to reestablish Jewish culture in the place where for centuries it flourished and whence it was carried to the far corners of the world."

Harry Truman-"I had faith in Israel before it was established, I have faith in it now"

Of course, after 1948, all Presidents felt free to call it Israel, as we all do.

Tiger Exile likes this.
  10. red55

Ask any Arab, they disagree.

I count Saddam's Iraq (now defunct), Hezbollah, Islamic Jihad, and Hamas, who are funded by Iran. Syria does not mess with Israel directly. neither does ISIS. That's two and a half. Their former enemies Jordan and Egypt have signed long-standing peace treaties. The rest of the Arab World is all rhetoric.

Who pretends so. My point is that Israel is not a peaceful country full of peaceful people.

Yeah, the others all have a lot of IF's in their sagas, too.

I have no idea what relevance this has. Taking care of our indigents IS looking out for ourselves. Spending 3 billion dollars a year to keep Israel alone at the top of the heap in the Middle East is what I'm questioning. It's terribly expensive and we have suffered great negative consequences in return for little, in my view.