Netanyahu and Iran politics

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Jan 23, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Only Truman ever supported a nation called Israel. All of those other quotes are endorsements of the Jewish people. We call that Apples and Oranges.

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Lol. They are a clear endorsement of an establishment of a Jewish state in Palestine....a permanent home for Israelites.

You can find all kinds of literature describing what the name Israel means and why it was chosen.
    "At the Jabbok, Jacob became the world's first godly king and his nation was Israel" is likely one of the favorite contenders. The point being, it's not about calling it Israel or the fact that it became an established country in 1948. It's about US support for the establishment of the state of Israel in Palestine.

shane0911 likes this.
  3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

She was thinking of Samuel Adams

[​IMG]

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

A blonde Israeli is good, no?
    [​IMG]

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

"On Feb. 12, 2008, Imad Mughniyah, Hezbollah’s international operations chief, walked on a quiet nighttime street in Damascus after dinner at a nearby restaurant. Not far away, a team of CIA spotters in the Syrian capital was tracking his movements.

As Mughniyah approached a parked SUV, a bomb planted in a spare tire on the back of the vehicle exploded, sending a burst of shrapnel across a tight radius. He was killed instantly.

The device was triggered remotely from Tel Aviv by agents with Mossad, the Israeli foreign intelligence service, who were in communication with the operatives on the ground in Damascus. “The way it was set up, the U.S. could object and call it off, but it could not execute,” said a former U.S. intelligence official....The extraordinarily close cooperation between the U.S. and Israeli intelligence services suggested the importance of the target — a man who over the years had been implicated in some of Hezbollah’s most spectacular terrorist attacks, including those against the U.S. Embassy in Beirut and the Israeli Embassy in Argentina.

The United States has never acknowledged participation in the killing of Mughniyah, which Hezbollah blamed on Israel. Until now, there has been little detail about the joint operation by the CIA and Mossad to kill him, how the car bombing was planned or the exact U.S. role. With the exception of the 2011 killing of Osama bin Laden, the mission marked one of the most high-risk covert actions by the United States in recent years."

This is a very interesting article in addition to pointing out how the US and Israel are allies beyond mere moral support.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...figure-in-car-bombing/ar-AA8Nf3y?ocid=DELLDHP

6. red55

No one is arguing that they aren't, only that we have other important allies in the area who happen to be muslim. And the CIA conducts covert operations with them, too--assassinations, black prisons, torture, targeting, espionage, the whole nine yards. Few spy agencies are as effective and ruthless as Mossad, but the CIA is one of them. Mossad is indeed a powerful ally (more powerful than Netanyahu, with whom they have broken ranks) but they also have baggage. The flip side of that coin is that Mossad spies against us as well. We have Mossad spies in US prisons convicted of spying against us. Mossad was also involved in killing US sailors when Israel sank the USS Liberty. They do not love us, we exploit each others assets while being very wary at the same time. They will dick us anytime that it is in their best interests to do so. Of course, so will we.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Can't say the decision to invite Netanyahu was the best and does impinge on executive branch responsibility. However that is no excuse for the president to throw a fit like a spoiled brat. His reaction is typical of the whole of his administration.
    This AND the Rs in congress are continuing their childish games and pointing fingers at each other sayin "he started it". I do believe it is more the president's responsibility to act the adult. He is supposed to be the leader of ALL the people not a faction. Whatever your political position you have to agree that we are being let down by those elected to lead AND MOST OF ALL SERVE US. This

tirk likes this.
  8. red55

You exaggerate. All he has done is say he isn't meeting Netanyahu for the sake of Netanyahu. Why should he? Obama was polite when Yahu came last time and lectured the President of the United States. This time he must stand up to Netanyahu and remind him who is holding the aces and paying his bills. He can't take that shit from an Israeli politician, no President would. The Republicans are already doing damage control for this dubious plan to circumvent the President. Voters remember.

9. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Red you carry the president's water no matter what. It doesn't matter how shitty he acts or how stupidly; you act as if he were Christ reincarnate. Get over you absolute defense of anything he does and be real in your comments. If the president were as brilliant in his decisions and actions as you posit his position would be popular and respected instead of the laughingstock it is.

shane0911 and Bengal B like this.
  10. red55

Don't even dream of lecturing me, preacher man. Whenever somebody shifts from the issues to attack me personally, I know that they are flat out of logic and have nothing more to contribute to the discussion. You got something substantial, then bring it! Quit whining about me and try to argue your own point.

Your ideological mantra is everything that Obama does is bad, even when it isn't. You act as if everyone agrees with your ultraconservative viewpoints but they do not. Obama got elected twice, do you honestly imagine that he is the "laughingstock" you blather about? Only in your tight little circle of ultra right-wing ideologues.

I'll talk about whatever I wish, whenever I wish. Got that? You'll criticize Obama for things he did not do with no evidence at all and I'll shoot them down. I know you hate that, but tough shit. Tell you what . . . you just say whatever you want because I will damn sure say whatever I want.