Netanyahu and Iran politics

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I'm not against some kind of legal civil union but as far as actual marriage it just feels wrong. What's next? 2 men 3 women, a duck and 4 donkeys?

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

When I look at the divorce rate and think about all the marriages that are still 'together' - but it's really been over for years, I wonder. Can gay/lesbian marriages do any more to damage the sanctity of marriage than 'normal' people have in the last half century? I don't see how. I know some pretty solid single gender marriages. Including my daughters lesbian friend, who I've know since she was 2. She spent the weekend at my house last month with her wife and 1 year old twins - boy and girl. They are going to be great parents.

3. kluke

kluke Founding Member

At the same time who can deny we've redefined the definition of 'wife'. Don't believe me? Ask your wife if she wants to go back to a 2,000 years ago marriage life style. Yeh, mine neither. ;)

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Exactly. It's not like my rights are being trampled because transgendered folks are marrying lesbians or gay men or whatever.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

But they have tried and gotten their asses handed to them in a paper sack. They don't fuck with Israel because they can't.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No, they don't fuck with Israel because it is not in their best interests to do so. They certainly have the capability. Not just because Israel is militarily powerful, but because it screws up all their economies, derails their own progress, and brings them into diplomatic conflicts with the United States and the European Union.

The point was that there is no country actually threatening Israel (Vball said that there were 25), despite the rhetoric from a few of them. There is the Iranian proxy Hezbollah and Islamic Jihad and Hamas who are the insurgent Palestinian population that Israel occupies. Small terrorist groups that Israel can handle. Not even ISIS is threatening Israel, not that they are a country, they just play one on TV.

7. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Well you can believe that if you wish.

They ALL despise Israel and would love nothing more than to snuff them out. But alas, they cant.

8. red55

You know, Canada feels the same way about us. Big deal. Nations can't base international foreign policy on nationalistic rhetoric or paranoid fears. They must face reality.

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Canada? What a terrible analogy.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. red55

It's a joke, boy. Canadians grumble and complain about the US all of the time, it does't make them a threat.