New AMC series The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Yeah, it is a lapse. And you are correct about the bite. Unless the walker delivered a killing blow, why should Hershel die of it? Assuming he could heal.....?

2. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

F dish

I had to buy the season pass on iTunes.

Watched the 1st episode of season 3 last night. I loved it.

Lots and lots of dumb things done by the group of course. We expect that by now though.

It was a Great start to the new season.

VampMuse likes this.
  3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Peabody, does iTunes offer the show 'On Demand' or do you have to wait until Sunday to watch like the rest of us? As mentioned in a previous post, I'd pay to be able to watch at my leisure.

4. fanatic

Still waiting for Supa to chime in. IIRC, he was reading the comics before the show was even created and is a big fan, so he has a unique perspective considering that the show does not follow comic's story arc. Some things are simliar, but most of it is different.

5. Mr. Peabody

Not on demand. You can download each episode the next day.

6. fanatic

7. Mr. Peabody

That's a first. They streamed the first episode of breaking bad, but not the rest of the season. They didn't stream anything on Hell on Wheels.

I suppose I'm stuck with the walking dead. No big deal. I did learn an important lesson with iTunes. Don't pay for and download the HD episodes. Just do the regular episodes. You can't tell any difference. Get a bunch of HD episodes and it fills up your storage space real quick on an iPad. And I have the 64gig iPad.

8. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I've been out of pocket for the week, and just saw the premiere last night. Is it just me or did Beth get younger?

The series is still very close to the source material with some differences in plot elements. For instance, a character named Allen was bitten and had his leg amputated in the comic. They are pretty much right on target for the third and fourth story arcs from the comic series. I'm really looing forward to seeing more of Michonne and Andrea.

9. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

That was pretty hardcore even for me and I've been watching horror movies for almost four decades starting with the Legend of Boggy Creek. Scared the hell out of an eight-year-old me. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068837/

I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on TV and I didn't stay at a Holliday Inn last night, but maybe the virus is dormant in the living and a bite from the infected somehow "activates" it?

10. fanatic

That's as good a theory as any.