New AMC series The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Praise the Lord! they finally offed Lori! She did die with nobility, but adios, amiga!

fanatic likes this.
  2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

My wife cried when Rick freaked out.

3. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

We didn't see Karl kill his mom. I am half way expecting to see a zombie Lori. I was a little disappointed in not seeing a stillborn zombie baby.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Never thought about it before, but you're exactly right. But, I hope Rick never disintegrates into the 'crazy' that the governor is. What's with all the head's in the jar? And, anybody care to guess what those hash marks under his daughter's name represent in the book Michonne found? I DVR'd the last episode and am about 20 minutes into it, so if it's revealed later on, I'll edit that question out.

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I missed that. What were the hash marks for?

6. fanatic

They didn't reveal it. Was wondering if anyone had any guesses. Since you don't know (or do you?), I take it they weren't in the comics.

Also, what happened to Carol? They dug a grave for her, but I thought T-dog saved her. Just wondering why she hasn't caught back up with the group.

7. LSUsupaFan

No. That wasn't touched on in the comics. In the comics the governor was much more of a sadist. He chopped off Rick's hand and fed it to Penny and savagely raped Michone. Kirkman has said these elements will not be included in the TV show because 1) he really regretted maiming Rick, and that the rape was way too graphic for TV.

I honestly thought the has marks were just signs of him going crazy. The list was the people they lost, and after penny he just went batshit.

She'll show up sooner or later. We didn't see the body so she isn't dead.

And how awesome was that walker who ate Lori, and got so bloated he couldn't move.

8. fanatic

I knew the comics were much more graphic. I believe the baby also died, right? I'm actually wondering what's going to happen when the 2 groups meet up; especially Merle and Darryl. I was hoping Rick's group would find additional weapons and ammunition in the prison armory, but it's already been revealed that it's basically empty. So, as of now, they're out manned and outgunned by the governor's group, so that story arc should be pretty intense.

I gotta admit, that was wicked. It must have been feeding on her for days because it even ate her skull, bones, and hair. The only thing it left was the round Carl used to kill her.

9. LSUsupaFan

Oh man. It was freaking brutal.

http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/lori-grimes?before=1352093921

I hope it follows pretty close to the comics.

That raises a gruesome question because I don't think days had passed. In fact I'm not sure that more than a few hours had passed.

Maybe Carl didn't finish the job and Lori is crawling around somewhere.

10. fanatic

Yeah, that's the other angle. Zombies don't eat skulls and bones (that we know of). Since they didn't show it, we just assumed Carl shot her. But maybe he just couldn't shoot his own mother despite knowing what would happen and she is roaming around in there. Wow..