New AMC series The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Yep, I was pleasantly surprised to see Cutty and his group show up. They're gonna need him for the show down with the govnah, especially now after Oscar got killed.

2. fanatic

Anybody else pissed off at how tonight's episode ended? I won't ruin it for those who DVR'd and haven't watched it yet, but really? Why?

3. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

I have to say I agree with you. After all the excitement leading up to watching it, I felt somewhat let down last night.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Gotta have some calm before the storm.

5. fanatic

True. I mean, it will work out for them. They're going to need them soon enough.

Also, why can't Merle just die? I know they need him for drama, but I really can't stand that guy.

VampMuse likes this.
  6. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I despise Merle

7. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I keep reading that AMC has cut the budget for this show to the bone. I imagine there will be a lot of indoors scenes to waste time leading up to a not-so-epic battle.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Cutty as Tyrese, very nice, I too didn't like the way it ended Rick is turning into a lil bitch, the only one left that has no emotions is Carl and that little kid is a stone cold killer.

VampMuse likes this.
  9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

From what I have been told the budget cuts took place after season 2 and before season 3, and that most of the cuts were "above the line." Above the line refers to the payments made to the principles of the production such as director, producer, and lead talent.

When Frank Darabont was fired a huge producer fee was removed from the budget, and replaced with a show runner, and not another producer. Other cuts came from a reduction in the number of locations, and more recurring sets, as the survivors are now stationary. I have also noticed fewer special effects as zombies are not as frequently seen, and not seen en masse much in season 3.

10. fanatic

I'll be honest - season 3 hasn't exactly been my favorite and for that reason. I realize there's only so many 'zombie arcs' that you can do, but I liked the show much better when the enemy was the walkers and not other people.

gynojunkie likes this.