New AMC series The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

True, that!

We will always have other bad guys (like the Governor) who will have to be killed; the uniqueness of TWD is in the nature of the enemy--the Biters, and the things that Rick's group have had to do to stay alive against them. An epic final battle between non-biter "armies" is not what I originally tuned in to see. Better would be an army of Biters descending upon the prison--and the defenses and tactics that Rick's group would need to put in place in order to survive.

Not gonna happen! The governor is now more of a threat than a Walker. And that's too bad.

Really! Who needs another force on force fight between healthy normals? I can get that on the History Channel.

2. gynojunkie

Yeah, Carl is nearly perfectly adapted to his new reality. Fast forward in time, and he is the "John Connor" of his generation.

VampMuse likes this.
  3. gynojunkie

Rick has already had three notable "psychotic breaks" in the series: after Lori's death/emergency cesarean section, the crappy "fantasy phone calls" and now he freaks in front of the new people as he cooks up his dead wife up on the overlook. What a waste of time! We could be clearing out more of the countryside or the basement--whatever.

Or give over more time to Daryl's character--because Daryl is, in his own way, more solid and dependable a guy, when the SHTF, than anyone other than Rick (on his focused days) or even Shane (when he wasn't distracted by poon).

Watching Rick lose it big--three times--is enough to demand forfeiture of his man card.

fanatic likes this.
  4. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I entirely understand wanting to see more zombie killings -- and in the last episode Glenn's meringue on that walker's skull was both gory and beautiful. But at some point, and I think we're reaching that point, the danger comes less from the zeds and more from the survivors. It just makes good sense that as time goes by -- and aren't we about a year into the ZA? -- dispatching the undead becomes less important and dealing with living, both within and without the group, takes on a bigger significance.

It also makes sense, at least to me, that the living are starting to form societies. And when societies are formed, there's going to be conflict. At least part of that conflict is going to be because one society wants something -- the better protection, the more abundant supplies, the electricity, whatever -- that the other society has. Then another part of the conflict might well be because one society is lead by a psychotic asshole who just likes killing the living.

But I do agree that Rick's breakdown is becoming a little tiresome. Unfortunately, TWD is Rick's story so we're stuck with it for a while. I also want to see Carl grow up. He's already a little badass and he's only going to become more of one as he gets deeper into puberty. Maybe the final showdown won't be between two living armies. Maybe it'll be between Rick and Carl.

gynojunkie likes this.
  5. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

I would love to see Carl say hey Rick Dad, you're fucking nutso I'm leading the group in a few years.

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I'm not sure what the hell is going on, but I'm trying to watch this week's episode and mf-ing 'Anaconda' is playing, even though the guide clearly shows that a new episode of TWD is scheduled. This happening to anyone else or is this just my shitty ass provider?

Even if, for whatever reason, they're unable to show this week's episode, they should have a scrolling message explaining why. And they should definitely replace it with something better than AnafuckinConda.

Really? Anaconda?

7. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Mine had the proper episode on :(

8. fanatic

They ended up showing it, just not at the normal time. They showed Anaconda, then last week's TWD episode, and the new episode finally aired at 11pm. My provider sucks.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

So to me the pressing questions from this episode are:

Where is Tyrese and crew? Are they close enpough to the prison to have heard the gunshots? No way in hell they bring one of the great characters from the comic to the screen for a bit part. Plus if you are anygood at horror formulas and racism you know the quota of black dudes isn't being met. T-Dawg died when Oscar showed up. Oscar died when Tyrese showed up. Tyrese will die when the next black guy shows up.

Who drove the walker delivery truck? What happened to that person during the skirmish? This person seemed to run into the prison.

How the hell did the Governor ace a two hundred yard headshot with his left eye shooting right handed? How did the prison crew lose the ability to hit a damned thing when shooting at the Woodberry attackers, but proceeded to take out the walkers with a series of headshots?

What happened to Hershal's unlimited ammo shotgun?

gynojunkie and fanatic like this.
  10. fanatic

ALL valid questions. Was wondering most of these myself.