New AMC series The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

True, but they don't swim either, right?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Seems like Zombies could live quite a life at the bottom of a lake at least until they ate all the marine life. Here's my big zombie question. Can they evolve? If so whats the next evolutionary step?

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

No but they sink and shamble obout the sea floor until they get to an island.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

To kill a zombie, you have to kill the brain. If the brain doesn't get O2, it dies. Underwater zombie = no brain O2 = death. Can anyone find fault with that equation?

5. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

You are assuming the zombie brain requires oxygen. I don't know that is a known. I would argue 1) that it either doesn't need oxygen as it doesn't require a functioning vascular system to pump blood and oxygenatate the brain, or 2) the brain gets O2 from some other mechanism. Also there is oxygen in water, so maybe the brain could absorb the O2 in water with the same mechanism they absorb it on land.

6. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Sticking with only TWD, there's no real evidence that the Dead successfully transit lakes, rivers, ponds, etc. I can't recall any scenes where they simply walked out from a pond.

Those of us who enjoyed "World War Z," (the Max Brooks novel--not the upcoming ripoff movie of the same title) know that the Z's certainly did walk about under water--and were a constant threat from there as well.

But, again, sticking only to TWD, I would still try for Amelia Island, or Hilton Head, or Sanibel (or Coronado Is. off San Diego--if one were stuck on the Left Coast).

Heck, they were willing to live in a skanky prison; why not try for a five star resort???

7. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

What about the Snow and freezing weather i always wondered about that ?

8. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Do people in the south taste better to zombies or do they prefer the bland taste you find in many other areas of the country?

Can zombies in New York eat whatever they want or can they only have limited portions? (NO super-size humans for you!)

I wonder if a zombie first lady would control what zombie kids eat for lunch.

I'm guessing Daryl and Michonne would be the only survivors in Connecticut as the others wouldn't be able to use firearms.

LSUTyga73 and gynojunkie like this.
  9. gynojunkie

gynojunkie "Pooties R Us"

Q: Do people in the south taste better to zombies or do they prefer the bland taste you find in many other areas of the country?

A: People in the South are basted liberally with Red Hot Texas Barbecue Sauce by their zombie chefs; since the zombies' taste buds (being dead & all) don't work for crap, the zombies have taken to applying BBQ flavor to add some zing & zest to the zombie-fest.

10. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

This series is blatant anti-gun propaganda... Its a running theme... Using a gun will get you killed!

kidding.