New AMC series The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

WOW!!!

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I'm all caught up now so I can participate in this thread.

The last episode was good.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

That was probably the most emotional episode since they found Sophia in the barn.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

As soon as I saw Hershel and Michonne on their knees I knew what was coming. I jsut can't take the wait til February.

Things are lookng pretty desperate as the prison survivors are so scattered.

We have the following groups:

Glen on the bus with a bunch of Woodberry people
    Sasha, Maggie, and Bob Stookey (shot)
    Daryl and Beth
    Tyrese (shot) and the kids
    Rick (shot) and Carl
    Michonne
    Lily and her lesbian sister (unaccounted for, but I don't think we see them again)
    Judith (possibly eaten, but I think with Tyrese)

I think all of the Governor's people are dead.

There appears to have been some contingency plan should the prison fall, so hopefully these fragmented groups can get together.

I could see this playing out a lot of different ways, and none of them are good for the prison survivors. The group that overran and murdered the camp that the governor, mitch, and pete came across is out there. Zombies are out there, and the bulk of team prison is on a bus with no leader. Carol will play some role in how this all shakes out. I think it is most likely she runs into Tyrese and the kids. Rick not getting to tell Tyrese that Carol was the killer was to convenient to not come into play.

I see lots of death in the second half of the season, and we may have a very small group by the end of the season. We should also see a few additions to the group.

5. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

[​IMG]

I agree that it was a very good episode and terribly emotional. I was, of course, sorry to see Herschel go but was very glad the Governor finally -- and I mean FINALLY -- got done in. But, somehow, his death was a bit unsatisfying. A simple sword through the chest? Why not decapitation? Why not being shot up piece by piece?

I'm also glad they're finally out of the prison. Yes, it was nice seeing that they were sort of safe and had sort of started a kind of society. But I think they lingered there about a half season too long. They had to get out to get the story moving again.

fanatic and Cajun Sensation like this.
  6. Cajun Sensation

Personally, I wouldn't call it 'emotional' for the simple fact that, to me, this series is a bit corny, but wildly entertaining.

When I say corny I mean some of the characters and symbolism, etc.

Like the bad guy (the governor) who walks around with a black trench coat and an eye patch. It's just very hacky.

The symbolism, like when the governor is killed and then they show a close up of his chess piece that the little girl drew an eye patch on, getting stomped on by a boot after he was killed.

The characters can be a bit corny. The gruff guy who rides around with a crossbow on his back and rides a motorcycle when everyone else is piled up in the Suzuki.

I don't know. I'm not trying to hate on the show (otherwise I wouldn't have watched every episode), but it seems comic-booky. Didn't it actually derive from a comic book?

7. LSUsupaFan

Yeah. It is based on an on-going comic series. The present "villain" is a guy so awesome he once used fuck as a noun, verb, adverb, and adjective all in one sentence.

8. Cajun Sensation

List your favorite character from the show.

I'm going to have to say that mine is Michonne, surprisingly enough.

GregLSU likes this.
  9. LSUsupaFan

So far it is Daryl. The biker gang badass with a heart of gold.

10. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Carl. He's going to grow up to be zombie killing spaghetti Western Clint Eastwood. He's even got the hat!