New AMC series The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Poor Mika and Lizzie. I know she was bat shit crazy and it had to be done, but still. And Carol is a borderline psychotic, bad ass bitch with ice water in her vains.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  2. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

I just read an interview with the show runner. He said the last two episodes will be huge. I think this past episode puts us back in the gloom for the remaining episodes.

3. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

I've been really disappointed in the past couple of episodes. A couple of weeks ago they took an entire episode to essentially show us three things: 1) that the Oreo group kept together and kept going; 2) that Beth
    got abducted and 3) that Darryl
    joined a gang. Then this week lifted a story from the comic and sort of told it without context. At least in the comic the entire group was together and the ultimate killing was done by a different character and that event is one of many that affects that character throughout the rest of the story (at least so far).

I hope that's true. Terminus seems like a likely destination and may stand in for the comic's Alexandria Safe Zone, which would move the story forward.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

It would appear Darryl has fallen into a tough group, does he revert to his old ways?

5. orlandotiger

orlandotiger GEAUX TIGERS!

NOOOO!!!! Not my Darryl. I hope that is not the case!

6. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

About timeā€¦Tired of seeing Carol as the toughest of the group.

GregLSU likes this.
  7. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I want to see more of the hot chick that runs with the red headed commando.

fanatic likes this.
  8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

yes

9. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Well, shit just got real. Rick is uh, crazy now.

10. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Not the best quality but this clip pretty much sums up how I feel about the direction this show has taken:

Ever since the beginning of the second half of the season I've been muttering at the television, "Move the story. Stop talking. Do something."

It's not a popular point of view with my wife, but I think the series started out -- particularly in the first season and a half to two seasons -- being much more action oriented and (like the comics) much more male story telling centered. Then AMC saw that it had an unexpected audience with all of the Daryl fan-girls (I sincerely think Daryl's character was meant to be a throwaway like T-Dog) and moved the series into a more female story telling centered vehicle.

Now what's frustrating is that I'd bet they're going to spend at least a half season (and probably more) on the Terminus story, which (if speculation is correct) was dealt with in one or two issues in the comic. And after the mid-season break, they'll finally move away from there and only then start to move the story forward again.

If that does happen I might be at a point where I've given up on the show and just read the comics.