New AMC series The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Comic has been running monthly for 7 or 8 years and has not gotten static yet.

2. hebertjp

hebertjp Founding Member

New one tonight! I am pumped! Having read the comics, I should have seen coming what happened at the end of the season 2 premiere. but I totally missed it.

3. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I just stumbled onto the webisodes. They have nothing to do with the current storyline, but still cool and different to watch. It's the story of Hannah and her family. I haven't read them, but she's apparently an iconic walker in the comics. She's the one with half a body that Rick shoots in the park near the end of the first episode.

4. fanatic

Man, I didn't want last night's episode to end. Hate having to wait a whole week to see what happens next!

5. LSUsupaFan

I thought the ending was perfect. There is a flex gate between Shane and Otis and a hungry horde of zombies. I would not want to be the fat guy in this scenario.

I also like the way Otis is being portrayed as opposed to what he was in the comic. In the comic he was a simpleton farmhand on the Greene farm.

6. fanatic

Guess yall that have read the comics know how they escape, but I wonder how they're going to get out of there. It's either Rick (although he BETTER not leave his son, but now that Lori is there, I guess its ok...) or Deryl (who's still rough, but actually turning out to be an ok guy and not the racist POS he was in the beginning) to the rescue.

7. LSUsupaFan

Nope this is a new element. The only similarity so far this season is the Greene farm and Carl getting shot. The trip to get medical equipment was not in the comics. In the comics Carl took a shot to the head and in got stuck in his skull.

I am right there with you. I would not want to be Otis though.

8. fanatic

Yehuright, something tells me ole Otis ain't gonna make it. I kind of knew that the moment he volunteered to go.

9. LSUsupaFan

I figured it would be because he was fat. I guess they are taking Shane to the same place the comics took him, only via a different route.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Didn't read the comics, so I didn't see that coming. Talk about every man for himself.