New AMC series The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUsupaFan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

The last few episodes have been kind of a yawn fest. I know it's tough to keep up the action of season 1, but I'm getting tired of all these inter-personal dramas. Bring on the zombies!! And resolve the Sophia story arc.

Switching gears (and this might deserve a thread of it's own), but is anyone watching 'American Horror Story'? Now that's a FREAKY show. It's a relatively new series that's kind of like 'The Walking Dead' except its about ghosts and demons instead of zombies. I'm only on the 4th episode out of the 7 that have been broadcast so far, but right now, I like it even better than 'WD'. Highly recommended...

2. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Well this episode was slow, but it had some good moments. The car jacking was pretty awesome. Andrea is turning into a real badass.

I liked the bit where Dale tried to strong arm Shane, and Shane showed his sinister streak. The look on Dale's face was classic.

3. fanatic

Yeah, that was pretty cool. Shut Dale the eff up real quick.

4. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

and it should. I mean dude think about it. It's like that line from The Dark Knight where the employee accuses Wayne of being Batman and Lucius is like do you really want to blackmail Batman?

5. xlnsports

xlnsports Cajun In Exile

Well... you got your wish this episodes was not slow. Shane thought he was a bad ass but we see who put the last walker down was....Not saying too much incaseeverybody hasn't seen the episode.

6. fanatic

Isn't that the truth. Awesome episode tonight.

Exactly. Although, I was hoping Dale or someone would have shot Shane before he opened the barn. That's what I thought was going to happen.

***SPOILERS - DO NOT SCROLL DOWN IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT AND WANT TO WATCH IT ****

Although it's not the outcome I wanted, I kind of thought the Sophia story arc would end this way. She was just gone too long. Just wish Herschel would have told them they found her, once Rick's group discovered the secret about the barn. I also think it's 'telling' that Rick was the one who put her down and not Shane. He didn't have the balls and showed that Rick is more than capable of making hard choices. But man, was that hard to watch. Felt so sorry for her, but Rick obviously made the right decision.

I'm not sure what they're going to do with Shane now, since it's clear to everyone (or it should be) that he's a maniac. Say what you want about Herschel keeping them, it was his land and his decision. If they didn't like the walkers being in the barn, then they could leave. Now, it appears that Herschel will either ask them all to go OR they're going to take over the farm, whether Herschel wants them there or not.

The thing that REALLY sucks is - that was the last episode until Feb. 12th

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I thought the mid season finale was awesome. Possible spoilers, don't read if you didn't watch.

The way the Sophia arc ended was kind of predictable. I told my wife a few weeks ago that I thought she was already in the barn. I am also kind of upset that they killer her off because in the comics her character is still alive and has had some interesting stories. I guess none of those can be flushed out now.

I think seeing the zombie take five rounds to the chest may have flipped Hershal to the kill em camp. In the comics he tries to put a zombie in the barn, and the ones inside spill out. His zombie son eats another son of his, and that is what flips him. I would have liked it to go that way just because we would have had a little more gore.

Shane still being around is going to get interesting. The guy is a loose cannon and it is only a matter of time before the group will have to deal with him.

8. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Definitely loved the finale. Yes we knew where she was, but still to have her walk out like that, was intense.

9. fanatic

Yeah, definitely tugged at the heart strings. Predictable, but still powerful.

10. hebertjp

hebertjp Founding Member

While predictable in hindsight, I thought having Sophia be in the barn was brilliant. What I want to know is how was it that she got bit by a walker but was able to get away before being zombie dinner. Maybe it was another zombie kid who bit her and that's why she could get away.

Did anyone watch the Talking Dead afterwards? They brought up one really good point about Sophia being in the barn. Another thought I had was that how is it that Herschel and his people didn't know there was a little girl zombie in their barn all the while Rick and his crew were looking for a little girl? In short, it was all Shane's fault because Otis was the one who rounded up walkers to put in the barn and Shane offed Otis before they mounted their second effort to search for sophia.