New and improved Big Baby pic.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Jul 30, 2006.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Since when is 6'9 280 small in basketball. I seriously doubt there are very many in the college game who can push him around. And anyone who has the size to do it will have to contend with his quickness and finesse. I think Big Baby Davis will continue to own everyone.

2. clair

clair Rockets

but having less weight will make him easier to move by OTHER players, who couldnt handle having a 350 lber lean on him all game, but may be able to handle having a 280 lber lean on him all game.

He will wear out players less and less this year. I'm not saying it's all bad, b/c I do think he has enough pure basketball skill to overcome it.

3. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Summer camp is a bit different than the SEC night in and night out...

4. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

please name me someone in the sec that is gonna move someone that is 6 9 and 285 off the block?

5. clair

clair Rockets

the other dude at Florida. Not Noah, their other guy.. I forget his name, but he pushed him around both times last year

6. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Al Hortford?

7. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

Al horford? i might be bias here but i am gonna have to take big baby over that dude any day....noah is a beast but i am here hoping that rolle matures fast otherwise we are gonna have a tough time contending with florida down low this year....

8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I liked his weight. Now it brings in a group of 240 lb'ers that can hang with him (weight wise). I dont think Richard Hendrix could have held his own against Big Baby, but now he can.

Big baby's weight now helps out his team, though. He can hang around longer and do things such as contest shots, rebound better, etc.

I liked for him to get in better shape, just not lose as much weight.

9. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Do you think we'll see Davis throwing down some monster jams next season?:eek:

10. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Florida isn't the only team you're going to have to worry about...As TigerBait3 said, Hendrix is 265. Also, Davidson has bulked up with 20 lbs of muscle this off-seaon. Hendrix or Baby? Baby will not dominate Hendrix...

Also, Thomas is gone, which puts more pressure on Davis. Can he handle it?