New and improved Big Baby pic.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TwistedTiger, Jul 30, 2006.

1. Kjunsausage

Kjunsausage Founding Member

you were over here talking **** last year bout bama chump. you will contend for n~o~t~h~i~n~g in basketball or football. maybe you should try and beat auburn in swimming or something.

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

No, I dont think we will see a jump in the amount of dunks he has. Like I stated earlier he looks to position himself in the paint 1st and then pin the players away from his layups. This is similar to what Karl Malone and Charles Barkley did. They had great careers using this style of play and it is something that is hard to change during your career. Position in the paint is how Big Baby makes his points and that will always be his 1st instinct. However, I do look for more breakaway dunks, now that he is faster and will be running the floor all game long.:bball:

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Starting 5 matchup breakdown

Baby Hendrix (Advantage: LSU)
    Lazare/Rolle Davidson (Advantage: Bama)
    T. Mitch Gee (Advantage: LSU)
    Tack Steele (Advantage: Bama)
    D. Mason ??? (Advantage: LSU.. Bama had nobody else that averaged 13 a game like Mason did at Marquette)

Pretty even. I look forward to the games. We should split again.

4. RedElephants

RedElephants Founding Member

Pretty good breakdown Deek. I think the Baby vs. Hendrix matchup will be a good one. Both are big and both play hard. Hendrix will be a lot better than his freshman year, that's a given. Should be pretty even IMO.

TMitch gets Gee simply because of shooting. The defense is pretty even but both are pretty damn good players.

Cloyd will probably get the nod at the 2 for us. He was a great pure shooter in HS. Granted the SEC is much better competition and you never know how a freshman will play out.

I do it just for you...

5. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

The games are less structured than major D1 basketball but there are a lot of quality NBA (current and former) and top notch college players in that league. There was a good article about it in the Houston Chronicle today. I think Emeka Okafor, TJ Ford, Sam Cassell, and a few other big names are in the league, along with a few well known streetball players.

Back in the day, apparently Olajuwon, R. Sampson, Barkley, and many other legends played in the summers. I've played in that gym for a few rec leagues but don't remember much of a seating capacity. It's only about 15 minutes from my house and I'm going there tomorrow (Wed) to check it out. If anyone knows when/if BabyLSU! if playing, let me know.