New Anti Mary Landrieu Commercial

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Krypto, Dec 22, 2009.

1. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Okay red...here you go again. You claim you're not affiliated with a party but again defend EVERY Democrat while bashing EVERY Republican.

I've given you (and many other liberals here) an opportunity to defend Louisiana Democrats yet you have little to offer. Let me set the stage again so you can attempt to search the internet for some obscure article to support your assertions.

FACT: Louisiana has been led by Democrats for the majority of the last century.

FACT: Louisiana is at or near the bottom of the list in almost every quality of life category.

FACT: Louisiana Democrats have been SOLELY responsible for our situation.

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall you making comments about Edith Bunker Blanco who is arguably the dumbest person EVER to hold office in this country.

We had eight years of obstructionists but you didn't have a problem with that. This Democrat-led Congress has been in place for three years and have caused more problems than Bush could in a century yet in your mind they're the greatest thing since sliced bread.

You can argue many points but one you can't defend is the FACT you are the poster boy for hypocrisy. :thumb:

If you want to continue to pretend to be neutral...then let your actions prove it. Otherwise you're just another liberal pretending to be a moderate. You're not the middle my friend.

2. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

The American people don't want bad health care reform. Are you going to sit there and tell me that the health care in the U.S. is not in need of reform? What will it take, for insurance premiums to be higher than a house note for you to admit that there are fundamental problems with the American health care system?

Let's see, global warming is fake, health care is fine, and Santa Claus is coming to town.

3. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

I'm just wondering how we hit rock bottom with this current Congress. I really didn't think we could elect such a group of clowns but we have some of the worst of all-time. Collectively this is the WORST Congress ever. On a positive note, I really can't imagine it could get much worse than it is now.

Hopefully we'll run these clowns out of office and reverse some of the horrible decsions being made by this group and the current administration.

Let's remember one thing...although they'll try, they can't blame this historic mess on Bush. When this fails miserably...it's ALL owned by one party.

I just can't wait to start paying more taxes to cover this mess.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I think this horse has been beaten enough but here we go again. Sure health care needs some changes, BUT it doesn't have to or need to be this cloak and dagger snow job that this idiot harry reid and his secret council are cooking up behind locked doors, not allowing anyone to get a look at it and then try to sneak it under our Christmas tree tomorrow night. Health care as it stands has lasted for a while now, it can certainly hold on long enough for a decent plan to be worked without having a bad one shoved up our fourth point of contact.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

This.

6. BamaBengalTiger

BamaBengalTiger Geaux Tigers !!!!!

Solution. Only one branch of our government currently has term limits.

I think it is time for all three to have term limits. House/Senate not more than two terms. SC no more than 10 years.

Spread the wealth. (of corruption)

7. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Did this commercial seriously just ask "Will Mary Landrieu betray the people of Louisiana by negotiating $300 million dollars for the people of Lousiana?"

****ing idiots.

Louisiana citizens have been sending money to Washington for decades and getting little to show for it. It's about time we got some back. Vitter has proven to be utterly useless. Even when his party was in power, it was Landrieu who managed to get legislation pushed through for coastal restoration, huge increases in offshore oil royalties for Louisiana, etc. She's tried to eliminate the estate tax, voted against the ban on semi-automatic weapons and supports drilling in the Artic Wildlife Refuge. There was a time when I couldn't stand the lady, but that time has long since passed sine she has proven time and time again that she puts the residents of Louisiana before national party politics. That's all I care about from my political leaders.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

And what does that $300 million get us? A $1 billion+ bill every few years. WOW! WHAT A DEAL! The Republicans are not obstructionists. The Demos cut them out of the process almost completely. The Republicans came up with viable alternatives that would improve the bill and work, but the Demos would have none of it. There are a number of serious flaws in this bill including no mechanism to cut the cost of health care and cutting Medicare by $500 billion.

The cost of health care could have been cut by allowing health care providers to compete across state lines and by tort reform. Not only does the bill not address tort reform, but actually penalizes states that attempt to limit attorney fees or impose caps on damages. The Democrats did not want to upset the trail attorneys. But the major problem the the current bill is that in virtually nationalizes the health care industry. It aggravated an already complex situation by adding even more complexity when it added hundreds of new provisions, mandates with financial penalties, regulations, and 118 new bureaucratic committees. In addition, most of these elements are not linked in any way with each other; there is no overall unifying vision. For example, the penalties are financial in nature, but the amount of the penalties are completely arbitrary. Percentages and figures throughout the bill are completely arbitrary - picked out of a hat. The idea that the bill will reduce the deficit is a deliberately concocted myth based on false assumptions given to the CBO. And there is much more wrong with this bill. Yes the Republicans are opposed to this bill, and come next election many Democrates will wish they had been. An average of several opinion polls indicate 62% of Americans oppose this health care bill. It is a bad bill that probably cannot be redeemed. It needs to be trashed in favor of a brand new bill.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

When you see Santa tonight ask him what he thinks.

10. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Sometimes an elected official must put what's in the best interests of the nation above the interests of the state.