New Anti Mary Landrieu Commercial

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Krypto, Dec 22, 2009.

1. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

you know what the political whore Mary Landrieu should've done? She should've voted against saddling any state, including Louisiana, with unfunded mandates. Sure she got some money for the time being but after a couple years, guess what, that democrat buyoff goes bye-bye and we are still stuck with the costs of obamacare... something a healthy majority of Americans don't want.

2. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

An elected official should NEVER put the interests of the nation ahead of their constituents.

NEVER.

I don't vote so the people of Iowa have a vote on national politics. That's why THEY vote.

I keep hearing that a majority of Americans don't want it, but didn't a majority of Americans vote for a guy who promised that he would deliver it?

Seems like you're confusing "a majority" with "the loudest"...

3. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

You need to be real careful of those absolutes. They will come back to haunt you. One of the characteristics of a statesman versus a politician is that he or she is able to put the broader national interest over more parochial matters.

4. MLUTiger

It's a philosophy that's served me well for over ten years thus far and one I learned as a newly registered Republican in High School.

National politics is politics at it's worst. Neither side has a consistent definable characteristic. Republicans don't want to reduce taxes or shrink government. They just had eight years as the ruling class and all they did was expand government. Democrats don't want to reform government. They had years of rule in the Legislative branch to do so and all they did was expand government. All either party does on a national level is ignite debate with buzzwords and watch the idiots who elected them argue back and forth while both parties carry out the business of the day, then leave for drinks together after. These people are playing us and we're letting them by thinking that these ridicculous arguments are attempts to hold them accountable.

There is no Democrat vs. Republican. There is only Lobbyist vs. Constituent and Politicians are the vehicle used to curry favor.

Politicians are elected by people in Louisiana, Baton Rouge, Southeast Louisiana, Northwest Louisina, Shreveport, etc. They're reason for being elected is so that those people will have a voice in Baton Rouge, Washington, etc. When those leaders remember why they were elected in the first place, they should not be demonized.

5. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

A very cynical philosophy. There is a huge difference between Republicans and Democrats. We have become an culture of entitlements not because of the Republicans, but because of the Democrats. It is the Democrates who want to nationalize health care - not the Republicans and it is the Republicans who continue to fight it. The two parties have totally different values. While I would be the first to say - and have said - that the Republicans do not always live up to their values, the current size of government is by a very large measure the result of liberal Democratic politics; not conservative Republican politics. If the nation had rejected the dependency-oriented policies of the Democratic Party over the last 70 years the federal government would be a fraction of its current size and we would not be suffering the weight of a 14 trillion dollar deficit.

6. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Whoa...if the Republicans did not inact health care when they were in office cause the people did not want them to do it, the logic holds, it must hold, that now that the Congress is pursuing health care, they people must want it.

Not saying I agree or not, just pointing out faulty logic.

Like it or not, Red is correct about one thing. The Republican Party has become the party of "NO." Saying no to everything, having no good ideas, doing nothing for the country. If the dems are as far off as some of you guys think, why can't the Republicans hit an ez homerun on ANYTHING???? The answer is, regrettably, "Saying no, is fun, but not helpful."

I blame the Republicans for any and all messes. Any viable candidate, any viable program, any viable legislation, but you got NOTHING.

Well, not quite, Sarah "Going Rogue" Palin is all you got. Peetiful.

hwr

2 people like this.
  7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

The only faulty logic here is yours. The 3 amigos are pushing this through despite opposition by a majority of the voting Americans.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I can see that you have no idea who Mary Landrieu's constituents are. :hihi:

9. MLUTiger

It's not cynical. It's just that I'm not detached from reality. What you describe is what Democrats and Republicans are SUPPOSED to to be. What I described is the way it actually exists.

I prefer my politics with both eyes wide open...

What really cracks me up is your claim that the current state of our country is due to Democratic Party politics when the Republican party has been the ruling party for 12 of the last 13 years. Perhaps the Republican Party has forgotten their own party platform, but that's kinda my point. Republicans haven't been Republicans since the 60's. They've been more curmudgeonly versions of Democrats.

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Boy, you got that one right. In her last election, Landrieu got beat in virtually every parish except Orleans, where she carried enough of a majority to win the state. Yep, the national poster-child community of the Democratic Party (and by no coincidence one of the crappiest urban areas in the country), Orleans Parish, is Landrieu's constituency, and in the true liberal entitlement mentality of the Democrats, she's given them one more entitlement with health care that will be paid for by someone else.