New article.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tigerskin, Dec 20, 2004.

1. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

""I personally would like to stay focused on what we're doing here," he said following practice Monday in Baton Rouge. "I would like to discuss the bowl game and I'd like to discuss our team. I'd like to discuss our players. They deserve that. They should be rewarded. Probably the thing that is the most distracting to me is that's not happening, and this seems to be the focus of attention, which is totally unfair to our team and our players."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. philter

philter Founding Member

I see no evidence Nick said or even insinuated that he wanted this to continue until Jan. 2. Seems like that reporter was reading a lot more into the statement than was there.

The quote the reporter gave to back up that opinion was from the press conference. I saw that conference video and Nick says nothing remote to his 'preference' being to wait until after the bowl game.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Unless the reporter is flat out lying, he indicated Saban said he would prefer to make a decision after the bowl game.

Is there a video link?

5. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

"He said the timetable for a decision on the Miami job isn't his, but his preference would be to wait until after LSU plays Iowa in the Capital One Bowl at Orlando on Jan. 1."

You have got to be kidding me. There is no way Saban lets this thing drag out til after the bowl game. That would be an outrage and the pressure even come Christmas will be high. Skip would not allow this to happen.

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Skip said he will "push" things along if nothing is resolved later this week.

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

If decides to wait that long... Then we are waiting that long... :grin:

8. philter

philter Founding Member

Sorry, I just re-read it. I though the reporter claimed he said those things at the Wed. press conference. I see now he is claiming Nick said this today. Skip and the gang won't let it drag out that long, assuming Nick actually said that. I'd like to see a quote before I all out believe it. If he said it, it will be quoted in many sources.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

""I personally would like to stay focused on what we're doing here," he said following practice Monday in Baton Rouge. "I would like to discuss the bowl game and I'd like to discuss our team. I'd like to discuss our players. They deserve that. They should be rewarded. Probably the thing that is the most distracting to me is that's not happening, and this seems to be the focus of attention, which is totally unfair to our team and our players."

It certainly is, Nick. The press is just reporting the news. It is Nick Saban who is making the news and it is Nick Saban who is responsible for this distraction of the team before the bowl game.

10. DRC

DRC TigerNator

If Nick Saban stretches this out till after the bowl game and THEN LEAVES! There will be hell to pay. :angry: