New Assistants

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Kikicaca, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

2. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

3. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

My bad, it's 10 assistant coaches, not 10 total. Still another spot.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  4. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

Pardon my ignorance, but I see where Cain has been hired as defensive line coach and run game coordinator.

Is run game coordinator an offensive coach? Will Cain be coaching both offense and defense? Or, is run game coordinator not as it seems? Appreciate any enlightenment.

TCUTiger likes this.
  5. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Calling it. Cortez Hankton will announce after Bama vs Georgia he will be our WR coach. Just too coincidental we have everyone except a WR coach. Guy is from NOLA he's coming home.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  6. Hou-duco

Hou-duco Founding Member

Hope he works out, but no way is he an improvement over Mickey Joseph. Who at WR has has Ga put in the NFL the last 4 yrs? LSU has Chase, Jefferson, Marshall, and will soon have Boutte in the NFL. Both Chase & Marshall have great talent, but if you have seen their play in the NFL both also have great technique. The way they come off the line and make their breaks are similar. Both lull their defender into complacency before hitting the gas. These techniques were taught and I think that Joseph deserves a lot of the credit.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. BornOnTheBayou

BornOnTheBayou 2022 Masters Pick 'Em Champion

Is run game coordinator an offensive coach? I would think so.
    Will Cain be coaching both offense and defense? I think he will be coaching defense. I would like to see the definition of run game coordinator.
    Appreciate any enlightenment. As would I

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Yeah same here. Agree on MJ but he not here no mo so gotta put someone there. I don't see WR as a point of issue going forward, much bigger question marks out there.

9. seabrookcajun

seabrookcajun Founding Member

I saw one article that said he was the defensive running game coordinator. I've never heard of that.

lsu-i-like likes this.
  10. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Can't argue with what Joseph has done. We could easily be called WR U with all the great recievers we have produced. All I can say is Louisiana puts out tons of high quality WR's every year so it starts there. I am not endorsing the hire if it is him cause I don't know how good he is, YET. As far as what WR's Ga has put out vs us let's just say Ga is a run first offense and we don't know if Kirby interfered with how things were done. What I do like is he has NOLA roots which helps shore up recruiting. Should he be the guy that would give us 3 Louisiana born coaches and one who was a top assistant in N. Louisiana. That's got to be good for recruiting.

Hell with the direction college football is headed I may just give this freaking game up fish and shoot pool more.

Hou-duco and Winston1 like this.