New Bama player Tony Brown Arrested

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Jan 19, 2014.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

You are SO right here.

Though, it's an easy question to answer as to why they don't. Most haven't had the influence you did with your father.

As in a lot of conflicts, just walk away.

2. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Red liked a post, must be back on the wagon.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  3. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

The problem for Brown is he has a strong family apparently. Mob mentality takes over in certain situations and common sense goes out the window. He will probably catch more hell from home than from the University.

LSUDad likes this.
  4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

yep, noticed that, too.

5. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Tony must be going through a tough time over the last year with his father's illness. There have been quite a few minor red flags that were discussed in Beumont his senior year. Nothing big like this but an attitude developing and lack of respect for coaches, etc...No matter what happened he should consider this a wake up call and a learning expeirnce to take it down a notch. Hopefully he doesn't take the approach some of the others at the scene are trying to promote.

1BIGTIGER, ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I remember getting pulled over when I was 18, 4 of us in the car, I was strip searched in the street, I never said a word, except yes sir and no sir. The other 3 got arrested because they couldnt shut up. Before I was released a cop asked me, " why are you so quiet" I said "my father taught me not to speak until spoken to sir" he said "smart man" took the cuffs off me and let me go, everyone else went to jail.

furduknfish likes this.
  7. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

What were you doing that got you pulled over and strip searched?

Richdog likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

We had just come to a friends house and right as the police were called for a domestic, they smelled weed, they saw my buddy stash his in his shorts, I denied having anything on me, they didn't believe me.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

When I was 16, we'd just bought a 1/2 oz of weed and stopped at the store for rolling papers. My friend went into the store to get them and I stayed in the car breaking up enough weed for a fattie. Unbeknownst to me, an off duty cop somehow happened to spot me doing my thing (at night through limousine tint when it was legal, I might add, still don't know how he saw me) and starting tapping on the window with his night stick, while showing me his badge. The door was locked, so I started cramming weed into my mouth, even though there was no way in hell I'd be able to scarf down an entire 1/2 oz. As I was doing this, the cop was shouting at me to 'Stop, because that shit will KILL you!' (his exact words). So he starts banging on the window harder with the night stick and I didn't want him to break the glass on top of everything else, so I unlocked the door and got out.

The first thing he asked me was 'What's your name?'. Because I still had a mouthful of weed, I mumbled something that sounded nothing like my name and accidentally spit some of it onto his clothes. Needless to say, I took my 2nd trip ever to juvie that night; which eventually earned me a 'Scared Straight' type of tour to the MS State Penitentiary at Parchman; which is another story entirely.

Not sure why I'm posting this. I haven't thought about that in a long time, but reading LaSalle's story brought back that memory. Just glad I can look back and laugh at it now and that it's not on my 'permanent record'

furduknfish likes this.
  10. LaSalleAve

There are so many people who have had their lives ruined because of dumb ass pot laws. It's really sad. Yeah I can't imagine having to scarf a half oz real quick.