New Baseball America Poll

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Mar 16, 2004.

1. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

2. LSU'syourdaddy

LSU'syourdaddy Founding Member

Note that 7 of the top 25 are SEC teams

The SEC rules!

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Notice also that all but 4 of the teams are from the Sunbelt, and I'm not including Virginia in the Sunbelt. Only 3 California teams being in the top 25 surprises me with notable absensentees USC and Cal State Fulterton. 4 teams from Florida, 3 from Texas(all 3 in the top ten) & it wouldn't surprise me to see Houston in the top 25 as the season progresses, 3 from Mississippi, 2 from Louisiana, 2 from Alabama.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

as much as there is an east coast bias in ncaa hoops, there is equally a west coast bias in ncaa baseball. Since 1980's, Stanford, if they can even field a team find a way to be #1 in the writer's polls. All other polls fall right in line. Doesn't matter in the end, which is why no one really makes a beef about it in the south but it is a total joke. Stan, ASU. AZ, SC, LBS... hell Id like to know how many times since 1980, Stanford was ranked one in the polls at least once. At least mix it up, put the Dirtbags ranked one...it would be easier to stomach.

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I swear this CAN'T be true!!!!

These people out here blame EVERYTHING on East Coast bias!!!!!

Seriously though, I think you might be on to something here...

The baseball writers LOVE Mark Marquess at Stanford - he IS a good coach, but I have seemed to notice that LSJU (Leland Stanford Junior University - the REAL name) is ALWAYS in the top 5 EVERY YEAR...

...but they only have 2 CWS championships to crow about...

...and NONE since 1989...

WHAT'S UP WITH THAT?