New BCS Formula

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Obi-Wan Tiger, May 11, 2004.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Instead of scrounging for OOC quality foes, everybody will now battle for the cupcakes :dis:

2. gotskeeters

gotskeeters Founding Member

We can only hope that the "Human Polls" still take into account strength of schedule. Remember, we were all worried about strenght of schedule last year, but that's what ultimately got LSU in over USC.

I like the fact that at the end of the year I have to pay attention to other games and hope Syracuse (The Orange) beats Notre Dame. I also stayed up after getting back to the hotel after the SEC championship to watch the all-important Boise State/Hawaii game. That's what football is all about.

Remember, after 11 games last season, Oklahoma was being mentioned as one of the best teams EVER in college football. The BCS worked, it just didn't work for the media. They hate to see "small market teams" (i.e. :lsup: ) do well. That's not good for ratings.

3. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

BCS Meeting

THERE HAVE BEEN NO CHANGES MADE, AND BARELY ANYTHING AT ALL EVEN DISCUSSED.

That is one of the proposals, but it is far from being a done deal.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Thank you for that, I'm glad somebody put it up here. I just got around to reading those articles and realized what you just said. I knew something was wrong when espn.com didn't have anything on it.

5. DeafValleyBatnR

DeafValleyBatnR Founding Member

I got an Idea the Pac 10 in that CBSSportline article are pushing around an extra game in the BCS formula with ND and others. Why doesn't the Pac 10 just add 2 teams have a championship game and ND join the Big 10 and have a Championship game then you could put in place the rule that you have to WIN your conference Championship and you are setting up a possible playoff system with the Championship games in the future. WOW wasn't that easy PAC 10 officials you DUMB IDIOTS.

6. DeafValleyBatnR

ESPN said that the changes would only go into effect after the 2005 season or for the 2005 season with the renewal process of the BCS. I can't remember when the renewal is so its in 2005 or 2006 new rules. I personally think that the SOS should stay in and the NYTIMES should go.

7. DeafValleyBatnR

Hey SG_Geaux that Signature pic would be awesome in a frame on my Wall good job.