New chance for other running backs?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Flyntgr, Nov 24, 2009.

1. Flyntgr

Flyntgr Freshman

Now that Williams and Scott have been lost for the season, do you think the Coaches will let Holliday, Ridley and Russell Shepard have substantial playing times? AND, if so, how do you think they will do hauling the mail for the Tigers?

I think all 3 will get in the rhythm the more they play, and with steady playing time I think they will show us that they should have been playing more this year. (McCluster of Ole Miss showed us something as a true sophomore, didn't he?)

I also believe it is one of the best attributes of a successful coach to recognize talent when he sees it and puts the best players into the game. I hope we see some good running Saturday!

1 person likes this.
  2. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Ridley will carry the load. Shepard will get a significant amount of touches as will Trindon.

It's senior night, so I would like to see Trindon score a final TD in Tiger Stadium :wave:

3. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

There's not one RB among the those 3 names you listed... and not that I don't know who you mean, but seriously... WTF is Holloway?
    RS is a QB and Ridley is a FB... please do some research next time.

4. Chase4LSU

Chase4LSU Waiting on Mettenberger

There isn't really a choice about them getting p;aying time, they're it for the running game now. I see Ridley and RS splitting time equally. They have both done well with the time they've gotten thus far, given their freshman status and the way our OL is doing. Together, they should provide the Arkansas line some headaches:tigereye:

5. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Friend.. you could not be more wrong. RS is not practicing with the QBs any longer, he's at RB/WR. Ridley is a featured RB and will be the starter next season.. he is not a FB.

So please.. pay attention :hihi:

6. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Wow, you should follow your own advice :thumb:

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Really... so I guess the staff has the roster all fubar'd and aren't much smarter either then...

Show me where on this roster RS or Ridley is listed as a RB? Holloway is the closest he got to a listed RB in his post, and it's HOLLIDAY.
    Ridley was recruited and IS listed as a FB, and RS was recruited as and IS listed as a QB.
    Not saying they will not line up as ATH. or in a different position then their normal one for this game due to injuries. But ONLY holliday in this scenario is a RB. The thread was basically asking which RBs were going to make the most of the opportunities left by KW and CS... so no I am not wrong. Thanks though... please try again.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/teams/roster?teamId=99

8. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Yes, and the roster lists McCluster as a WR...and Hester was listed as a FB during the 2007 season, whats your point? Do you follow LSU football at all??

Ridley will probably be the #1 RB going into next year depending on how Murphy returns from his injury...Ford is looking like the number 2 at the moment. Most are projecting Shepherd to line up in the slot next year with a Percy Harvin type roll. I can guarentee you Shepherd will never take a snap at QB unless out of the wild tiger.

9. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Sorry friend, you're still wrong. If Shepard is a QB -- why does he not warm up with them before the game? :lol: Guess which group he is with? (Hint: Running backs and WRs). Ridley is 100% running back. He's the starter going into next season. Dugas and Stampley are our FBs.. with Allen 3rd string at this point in time. Brandon Worle (incoming recruit) will be the one behind Allen.

Quit being dense. I don't care what espn lists them as, I'm telling you what reality is. Shepard is a WR/RB and Ridley is a RB.

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

This must be that new guy that just walked on to play running back:hihi: