New DC(s)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CParso, May 12, 2008.

?

Are you concerned with our new DC(s)?

Poll closed Jun 2, 2008.
  1. Yes, Pelini was great & the new guys are unproven

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Yes, I don't like the idea of having Co-DCs

12 vote(s)
    27.9%
  3. No, I am not concerned.

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  1. CParso

CParso Founding Member

I saw a post recently about the new defensive coordinators and was wondering what the general thought here is on it.

2. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Nothing about how good the current coaches are in their specific roles. I just think about when Petrino left AU and we ended up with NallBall. Coaches trying to carry over someone else's system rather than running their own can be a bit dangerous.

3. CParso

CParso Founding Member

True, but these guys were with Pelini for 3 years here, so they should be very comfortable with it.

4. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Auburn's bad experience with it doesn't mean LSU would have the same results. It is that sometimes a different chef, even with the same recipe, does not serve up the same dish. The product may even improve as old tendencies are disturbed.

And AU did put a run oriented Oline coach in charge of a passing O.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I can see this being a concern of many LSU fans. We all thought Pelini was/is a defensive genius. The question, can 2 Pelini pupils be able to impliment a Pelini system? My guess, Miles will have a lot to say in regards to the defense.

1 person likes this.
  6. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I am not concerned at all, I think the defensive strategy will closely be the same as last year with a few tweaks. It probably will be alot more agressive.

7. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm always concerned when things change. I'm not too worried about the dual coordinator thing anymore, I'm just interested to see how two guys who haven't been a DC do together. I think what Deceks7 said about guys trying to implement someone else's recipe is a concern.

8. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

<--- Is not concerned.

9. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I would be concerned if it weren't for Miles excellent track record of hiring coaches. He gets the benefit of the doubt as far as I'm concerned.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I voted for number one although Bo being great has nothing to do with my reasoning; it's just that they are unproven until we see what they can do.

Can't wait until the first game and some guy does research and finds out we gave up 25 more yards than Bo's defense did in his first game last year and starts calling for heads to fly.