New Defensive Coordinator For Saints?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by b_leblanc, Feb 2, 2011.

1. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

So Gregg Williams will be interviewing for the head coaching job with the titans. If he gets the job, who could possibly replace him in New Orleans?

2. 100%TigerBred

100%TigerBred Founding Member

not interviewing he turned it down

3. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Yeah I just saw that thanks.:grin:

4. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

He's such a great fit along with Sean Payton as HC. They're styles compliment each other almost perfectly. It is the main reason, besides Drew Brees, IMO, that we won a SB. Without him the Saints could be looking at 8-8 all over again. I really do believe it was an abberation that the D played the way it did and we lost that game @ Seattle. The D was probably the reason we were 11-5 and in the playoffs in the first place. Top 5 in points allowed I believe, or at least through 14 or 15 games. Take away all the defensive TDs we gave up, and we're probably tops in the league. The Saints window of opportunity is wide open right now. Just stay the course and don't overreact to a bad game.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I think we found out (too late) how much Scott Fujita and Charles Grant meant to the defense. We lost production at both of those positions this season, and the injuries at linebacker (Casillas for the year, Dunbar in and out of the lineup all year) made that position even less productive.