New England Patriots are, by far, the best in NFL right now

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

They slaughtered the Jets last week on MNF and they beat the eff out of Chicago today in a stinkin' blizzard (heavy snow and wind gusts of 50 mph).

The Patriots ain't no joke. No one is even close to them right now in the NFL. The Saints are playing some ball, but man the Pats look good.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

The thing about the Patriots, is when they play teams that have struggling offenses, they score quickly and force their opponent to play out of their comfort zone. If the Saints catch them in the Super Bowl, I don't think they will have the same success, because the Saints can score just as quick and just as often as they can.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

I don't disagree with you one bit. Problem the Saints might have is Brees needs to quit throwing pics. T/O's against a team like the Pats will cost them major.

The Saints need to pretty much play flawless ball from here on out. The rest of the season is basically the playoffs for them. With the Ravens, Falcons, and Tampa left on the regular season slate the Saints need to run the table. Even with that though who would have thunk that a 13-3 season could get them a wild card birth. That is just insane.

4. Cajun Sensation

Meanwhile, some dickhole team in the NFC West will have a losing record and breeze right into the playoffs.

5. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

Which is even more insane. Some 8-8 or even possibly 7-9 pathetic NFC West team is going to get homefield in the first round, and by all accounts shouldn't even be in the playoffs, other than because they win their conference gets them in.

6. LaSalleAve

Seriously if that happens the NFL needs to make a rule that states if a team wins their division with a .500 record or below they automatically lose their home field advantage if a wild card team is above 11 wins.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I think the Saints match up very well vs the Patriots.

The Pats are a pass first team and the Saints strength is pass defense (they made Sam Bradford look like a rookie yesterday, as he was on a 7 game streak in which he had only 2 interceptions and several touchdowns).

Also, I don't think the Pats defense would have much of an answer for the passing machine that is Drew Brees.

The only issue is the interception prone Brees evening things out. If he plays mistake free, I think the Saints would win by 10.

8. LaSalleAve

I think Saints vs. Pats is about as even a match up as you can get. Unless they are playing in New England in the cold. But throw them in a dome and it could go either way.

9. Cajun Sensation

The Patriots have played 5 games in a row with ZERO turnovers.

That is absolutely unheard of.

THAT fact coupled with the fact that they are blowing out very good teams like the 9-2 Jets and the 9-3 Bears shows me that they are the best in the NFL right now. Sprinkle in the fact that they shellacked the Bears at their place in a blizzard with 50 MPH wind gusts and thick snow and they still dropped 36 on them and you have yourself a football team, folks.

10. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

How the hell did they lose to Cleveland?