New England Patriots are, by far, the best in NFL right now

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 12, 2010.

1. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Unfortunately, the Saints road to the Superbowl this year may be on the road. Don't see us overtaking Atlanta with their remaining schedule.

And the Patriots may stumble in the playoffs.

2. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

As much as I like the Packers, and as much as I gotta be behind our boy Matt, I just don't see it happenin. I hope it does, but I think Matts inexperience is just too big of a hurdle for the Packers to overcome against the Pats.

3. *LSUTiger*

*LSUTiger* LSU/CLEMSON

Well, we're banged up to hell. Flynn will get his first start. Pats rarely lose at home. The chips are majorly stacked against us this week. But there's good news. Winning this game isn't particularly important where the division is concerned. It has bigger potential significance in the wildcard chase, but not the division.

The only game that really matters much this week is the Bears and Vikings. If the Bears win, it doesn't matter if we beat the Pats, the division is theirs. If they lose, it doesn't matter if we lose to the Pats, we will once again be in charge of our own destiny. I guess we'll see if Wilf's Joe Webb experiment is a success or not. The Vikes can win that game if their defense shows up.

If Rodgers was going to miss a game down the stretch, this would be the one you'd want. It could actually work in Flynn's favor. Knowing that most people aren't expecting him to win this game, it could take some pressure off of him and he may end up playing much better than expected and pull out the win... if our defense does its job.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

This is the first game that a backup QB has started in Green Bay since 1992. Who was the backup QB that started then? Brett Favre, of course.

5. Cajun Sensation

319 passes and counting.

That's how many passes Tom Brady has thrown with no picks.

Oh and the Patriots are still, by far, the best in the NFL.

That is all.

6. Cajun Sensation

Today's NFL action further solidified my thinking that the Patriots are going to breeze their way through the playoffs and to another Superbowl.

No one is close.

7. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I believe they will get to the Super Bowl no problem. The Super Bowl itself can go any way. Give an underdog 2 weeks to prepare and they will be ready. The NFC champ won't be a chump. Should be a great game as long as the Patriots don't listen to the media tell them how great they are.

8. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

Above comments are the reason why the BCS needs to die.

9. Cajun Sensation

I still can't believe the stinkin' Jets beat the Patriots. Seems like this post season has been full of upsets.

I'm guessing that the Steelers will beat the Jets and that the Packers will beat the Bears.

Watch the complete opposite happen.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Well if you just look at statistics you saw that the Patriots were no where near a dominating team.

In fact they gave up about 15 more yards per game than they gained, which is mind boggling for a 14-2 team (definitely an NFL first).

Their pass defense was suspect, their running game was nothing to fear and they relied heavily on special teams and turnovers to win games. And Tom Brady.

They didn't get either of those 3 on Sunday.