New England Patriots are, by far, the best in NFL right now

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 12, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The fake punt was a braindead move.

Before they snapped it to punt, I kept thinking, don't do it Bill, don't do it.

And he did.

2. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Well, have to admit, thoroughly enjoyed the "gang green" beat down. Brady was confused and bewildered throughout. Jets are a dangerous team and next week both championship games are going to be top notch. Tom Terrific couldn't figure out if it was zone or man, was feeling a rush even when it wasn't there and couldn't stretch the field. Loved every moment of the kind of beat down that will gnaw at a team for many months.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You take away Brady's first read, and his effectiveness diminishes. The Jets did that with pressure with 3 and 4 all game, they rarely blitzed. Which is crazy considering it's Rex Ryan.

The dude is good in the playoffs. Mark Sanchez is now 4-1 in the playoffs. Not too bad.

4. TUSKtimes

Funny how you get a good QB to start flinching back there, they look very average. Great disguises on defense all day. Best disguise of all, that the regular season decides anything. In the NFL, you better build for the playoffs.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

exactly. Once you get to the playoffs, everyone is unbeaten. I think the Packers will win it all, but if you are the Jets, you gotta be rooting for the Bears, because if they manage to beat Pittsburgh, and the Bears beat the Packers, I think the Jets defense will shut the Bears down. Going to be an interesting 3 more games, that's for sure.

6. TUSKtimes

Folks worried that the Jets expended too much and the tank will be on empty. Here we go with the media nit wits. The Steelers went head to head with their division rivals in an equally emotionally slug-fest. Being said Pittsburgh at home looks nasty and manly as usual so I have them the team to beat.

Green Bay beats Chicago and I'm predicting a good one in the super-duper one.

7. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

This year both championship games are so equal I think if played 100 times each would win 50. GB won the last game by dominating the Bears, yet they still split the season series, and the home team won each. It's in Chicago this time.

The Jets are on the road once again, yet they already beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. The Jets are a great playoff team, but so are the Steelers. The Jets are actually really hot right now, while the Steelers needed everything they could get against the Ravens.

Not to mention that every team is used to the cold, ugly weather, so it really shouldn't affect any of them.

Also, has any player ever driven the stock of another player up as much as Clay Matthews is for his brother? I seriously think that every time Clay makes a sack in the playoffs, his brother moves up another round. I think every team is hoping that Casey falls to them. I think someone will bite really early and snatch him up just because they have seen what his brother turned into.

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

That happens alot, IMO. Look at Eli. He wasn't that great in college, but teams knew that he could be the next Peyton Manning. His pedigree speaks for itself. Now, Eli is an average QB.

I think LSU may have sort of done this with Stephen Rivers, perhaps. Who knows.

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Shhh don't get LaSalle started on his brother:hihi: