New Enlgand Patriots-Best of All Time?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Oct 22, 2007.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

I wasn't real sure of his philosophy. Guess that clears it up.

I'm guessing not. Players weren't worth what they are today. Money wise that is.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yeah, but the Patriots have been doing alot with very little for a long time. I think they could sit most of their starters and still squeak out wins. Look at their runningback situation. Sammy Morris, for the love of God, is putting up better numbers than Shaun Alexander and Steven Jackson combined. Not sure how the Cassle kid is....but if he's average-good then I see an undefeated season.

3. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

Did you see what Randy Moss has been doing? He has been catching toss-ups while being covered by 3 DBs. I know Bob Sanders is playing outside of his mind but at 5'8" how is he gonna jump with with Randy Moss?

4. CDUB_TEAMKATT

CDUB_TEAMKATT Founding Member

I think the Colts-Pats game is going to be a "Who scores last wins" type of game. Two great offenses clashing...going to be an exciting game...better than the Pats-Cowboys game.

5. qball316

qball316 Founding Member

I think you will see two very vanilla game plans because neither team will show anything that might help for the playoffs.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you never see vanilla in the first matchup of these 2 teams. belicheat will win at all costs and dungy will let payton do his thing.

although I think these discussions are pretty stupid because teams never stay as good or as bad as they seem yet the media jumps in every year proclaiming the best ever.

odds are new england will lose a couple and indi will be viewed as good or better by year's end due to the fickle media/public.

the most likely happening is miami going 0-16 after losing ronnie brown and a lemon at qb.

that's b/c steven jackson has been out since week 3 and s. alexander has his money and now runs like skoal-brother earl campbell when he was half-crippled.

7. CDUB_TEAMKATT

CDUB_TEAMKATT Founding Member

If Miami went 0-16, I hope that the Pats go 16-0. I think ESPN would explode.

8. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Steven Jackson's #'s sucked in the games before he got hurt this year....and he'll suck when he returns. His team sucks too. There is alot of sucking going on in St. Louis.

Sammy Morris--------Shaun Alexander and Steven Jackson. You get the point I was making. Preseason you wouldn't even mention those 3 in the same breath. The Pats do more with less and always have. They won 3 championships that way. This year they actually have talent. They are very very very good.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lots of sucking in st louis no doubt. losing orlando pace and starting no-names on the o-line is what is killing them. put sammy morris on the lambs and he would be led to slaughter as well.

compare that to the new england line which is likely the best in the league and theirs your answer. even old-ass corey dillon ran well his first couple of years there.

the fact that brady now has receivers is the obvious difference but Im anxious to see what they look like on defense when they get their best lineman in richard seymour back. should shore up some of the leaks in their current defense.

10. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

It is WAY too early for this type of discussion. The Pats are looking as good as any team I can recall through this part of the season. However, keep in mind they've played ONE decent team thus far (no, SD was not decent when they played them.) Let's wait to see how they do against the top half of the league.